Split multipage TIFF file [Bug]

XnConvert Multi Platform - Windows, MacOSX, Linux

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

ErikJan

Split multipage TIFF file [Bug]

Post by ErikJan »

New to Xn and just downloaded XnConvert to batch deskew and auto-crop TIF files. Works great so far!

Some TIFs are multipage, in the conversion I'd like to also split these files into separate (single page) files.

I'm sure this is possible but I can't get this to work yet... When I select "Convert all pages from multipage file" an 8-page file is converted to 8 single pages files... but all with page 1??!!

Can someone explain to me what I should do?

UPDATE: I selected "Ask" in Options for teh name of the Output file. That gives a prompt for each file, if I then click "Rename" 8 times, I do get 8 different files!!! So then it works. If I select "Rename" in the dropdown however all files show page 1. Looks like a small bug to me??

Thanks!
cday
XnThusiast

Re: Split multipage TIF

Post by cday »

On the Output tab, if you select Convert all pages from multipage file and do not select Convert multipage file to multipage file (when possible) do you not get all input files output as single pages?
ErikJan

Re: Split multipage TIFF file

Post by ErikJan »

Yes, I get 8 files with single pages... but they are all the same and show the "page 1" image (IF I select "Rename" in the "If an output file already exists")

But wait... I found the problem (bug?): If I UNSELECT "Use Multiple CPU Cores" it works OK. :) If I select that option however I get all the same files!
cday
XnThusiast

Re: Split multipage TIFF file

Post by cday »

ErikJan wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:25 pm I found the problem (bug?): If I UNSELECT "Use Multiple CPU Cores" it works OK. :) If I select that option however I get all the same files!
You seem to have found a bug in the [fairly] recently added option to use multiple cores... :bug: