Time-out on forum pages?

General info, hints, guidelines and rules for all XnView forums. Guests and new users please read here first.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

helmut

Post by helmut »

I've searched the web regarding this problem (in English the error message says "Warning: Page has Expired""). Currently, the search result page is generated with "Cache no" and is a POST page. This is the reason why Internet Explorer shows that info/warning page. Other browser seem to ignore this or handle this differently.

Related topics on phpBB.com:
- Search problem
- IE Caching issue with search ?

I'm afraid there is no simple solution for this, but I'll browse a bit more...

A workaround to this problem is using Shift + Click on the search result. A new browser window with the topic will appear and your search result will still be there.
Clo
XnThusiast

Odd…

Post by Clo »

• Hi !

• Thanks for your effort !
- I'll try the trick; however, I've not this issue with the same browser (IE6+Maxthon interface) for other phpBB fora I use everyday… and where the Search result-page is shown instead of the previous page. :?

:mrgreen: G.
Claude
Clo
Old user ON SELECTIVE STRIKE till further notice
helmut

Re: Odd…

Post by helmut »

Clo wrote:- I'll try the trick; however, I've not this issue with the same browser (IE6+Maxthon interface) for other phpBB fora I use everyday… and where the Search result-page is shown instead of the previous page. :?
According to the article "IE Caching issue with search ?" the problem also depends on the version of the Apache server. This is why it works on some boards and doesn't on other ones.
Clo
XnThusiast

Re: Time-out on forum pages?

Post by Clo »

:arrow: All

:) Hello !

• Back to the Results page of a Search seems to work OK now with the new version!

TX !

:mrgreen: KR
Claude
Clo
Old user ON SELECTIVE STRIKE till further notice