Learning materials

General info, hints, guidelines and rules for all XnView forums. Guests and new users please read here first.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

PKL

Learning materials

Post by PKL »

I have recommended XnView to a group of retired "students" and created a demand for training/wokshops.
The group has very limited knowledge of IT.

I am looking for relevant materials for the group and found some in Danish, but very old.
Do you have knowledge of any materials, English or Nordic, I can get hands on?

Please let me know
cday
XnThusiast

Re: Learning materials

Post by cday »

PKL wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:29 am I have recommended XnView to a group of retired "students" and created a demand for training/workshops.
The group has very limited knowledge of IT.

I am looking for relevant materials for the group and found some in Danish, but very old.
Do you have knowledge of any materials, English or Nordic, I can get hands on?

XnView software is all the work of one developer, Pierre, and as such there is only limited support material available, mainly produced by a small number of forum members over quite a few years now. In addition, resources including the Wiki are incomplete and some sections have become out of date as the software has evolved.

XnView (the original version now called Classic, and XnView MP the later version) provides viewer, editor and file browser functions including extensive support of managing image collections. So are your training/workshop aims primarily related to image editing, or more extensive?

In relation to image editing, it might be noted that the basic concepts of the operations that can be performed are general, and that when the relevant functions are selected much of the detailed operation will usually be largely self-evident, although some may require support. There is therefore a clear distinction between understanding what can be done, for example changing the image canvas size or a levels adjustment, and exactly how to do it in a particular program.