Can no longer print to PDFs

General info, hints, guidelines and rules for all XnView forums. Guests and new users please read here first.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

amyo

Can no longer print to PDFs

Post by amyo »

I upgraded (reluctantly) from Adobe Acrobat XI to Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and now I find the "Adobe PDF" option has disappeared from my list of printers. I can still *save* individual files as PDFs, but I need to be able to print several single-page files as a single multipage PDF, with the filenames/extensions as captions. I really don't want to revert to printing paper copies and scanning them!

If anyone can supply a not-too-tech-y solution it would be greatly appreciated. Not really my area, I just use it on the job. Thanks.
cday
XnThusiast

Re: Can no longer print to PDFs

Post by cday »

amyo wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:29 pm I upgraded (reluctantly) from Adobe Acrobat XI to Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and now I find the "Adobe PDF" option has disappeared from my list of printers.
Adobe PDF is shown as still available in this Adobe link. I am still using Acrobat XI, so I'm afraid I can't have a look for myself.

I can still *save* individual files as PDFs, but I need to be able to print several single-page files as a single multipage PDF, with the filenames/extensions as captions. I really don't want to revert to printing paper copies and scanning them!
Acrobat gives you the ability to combine files into a single PDF, I'm not immediately clear what you mean when you refer to captions, but isn't the first question really why you are unable to see Adobe PDF in the print menu?

Alternatively, XnView MP (or XnView Classic) can be use to combine image files and then create a PDF of the resulting file.

If you need another PDF printer Cute PDF is a good utillity, not sure whether you could combine several single-page files into a single PDF, though.

Edit:

Possibly the answer is as simple as you missed something in the Adobe Acrobat DC installation process?