Opening Photoworks Disks from late 1990's

General info, hints, guidelines and rules for all XnView forums. Guests and new users please read here first.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

112frank

Opening Photoworks Disks from late 1990's

Post by 112frank »

Hello,

A friend recommended your software to open the Photoworks pictures on a disk and change the files to jpeg's.
I have many disks from late 1990's to 2001.
They were formatted for Windows but I have been using MacBooks for the past 10+ years.
Does XNview have any products that will do this?

Thank you and appreciate any help.
cday
XnThusiast

Re: Openig Photoworks Disks for late 1990's

Post by cday »

112frank wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:25 pm A friend recommended your software to open the Photoworks pictures on a disk and change the files to jpeg's.
I have many disks from late 1990's to 2001.
They were formatted for Windows but I have been using MacBooks for the past 10+ years.
The Seattle FilmWorks .swf and .pwp file formats are supported by xnview software, although I'm not sure whether that extends to all variants mentioned in the link.

If you do an online search for 'xnview SWF PWP Seattle FilmWorks' you could probably find out a bit more.

XnView MP and XnConvert are cross-platform and can be installed on a Mac. :D

Edit: The fact that the above formats are shown as supported doesn't mean that they are necessarily supported on Mac or Linux: You might need to ask a Windows user to read the disks and save them to JPEG.