Android and Iphone (IOS) version...

Discussions on Android and iOS apps: XnPhotoFx, XnRetro, XnSketch, and so on.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

budz45
XnThusiast

Re: Android and Iphone (IOS) version...

Post by budz45 »

thibaud wrote:Don't want to ruin the party here but given the fact that there is only a single man behind xnview, xnviewmp, xnconvert,.. developpement & support.
I think it would be a terrible idea for Pierre to add yet another project... unless he want's to give up on xnviewMP :?
-XnView MP - is still in development
-XnConvert - is as good as complete in features anyway except for some bug fixes
-XnView standard - development ultimately will end with this one soon (but will still be available) because of it's replacement 'XnView MP'

A new mobile/smartphone version should be developed but with less development priority than XnView MP.
xnview wrote:Yes, but not easy to make Android app :(
Yes I have heard this before from various Android developer's. Even getting that first simple version out there as Dreamer put it would take some time with just one developer only. Debugging on Android is also a timely process.
xnview wrote: We must keep same design as XnViewMP/XnConvert logo, i think...
Yes I agree and I happen to like the new Xn logo (sorry Dreamer).
All My Topics || my 'MP' Topics
My own Bookmarked topics--->for me only
budz45
XnThusiast

Post by budz45 »

xnview wrote:Yes, but not easy to make Android app :(
As I've said previously other Android developers (even of currently successful apps) have noted to me hurdles in developing for Android. One such developer was Maxim's interview for his successful PowerAMP application.

Tell us, Pierre, what do you find as the main difficulties (so far) in developing for Android?
budz45
XnThusiast

Post by budz45 »

Android 4.0 aka "Ice Cream Sandwich" has just been released today on October 19h 2011.

It has lots of new features as well as being aimed at unifying tablet sized UI with smartphone sized UI for it's developers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_ve ... m_Sandwich

:P
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

budz45 wrote:Android 4.0 aka "Ice Cream Sandwich" has just been released today on October 19h 2011.
And another SDK :(
Pierre.
budz45
XnThusiast

Post by budz45 »

xnview wrote:And another SDK :(
Yes, but Ice Cream Sandwich is a MAJOR release so this SDK would be more important to start from in a developer's perspective.

Federico Carnales (aka "Fede") who is the developer of the Android app, LauncherPro, told his users that he would not release a version of LauncherPro for Android's 'Honeycomb' expressing that he wanted to wait until the release of 'Ice Cream Sandwich' SDK in order to properly develop-support LauncherPro on larger UI displays (e.e. tablets). Smart and obvious move I would say.

Many Android apps targeted for 'Gingerbread' (including LauncherPro too) still run perfectly fine on 'Honeycomb' with some having minor usability and optimization disadvantages. So "another SDK" Pierre shouldn't be a big issue :mrgreen: ...Should it? Unless newer API's are conflicting
budz45
XnThusiast

Post by budz45 »

budz45
XnThusiast

Post by budz45 »

Icon ideas since the already new release of XnView Mobile Fx

XnView Mobile Fx (photo effects for iPad,iPhone and Android)

XnView Mobile (image/gallery viewer for iPad,iPhone and Android)
oops66
XnThusiast

Post by oops66 »

Dreamer wrote:
xnview wrote:Which features for a iphone/android version?
My ideas, I think the first version should be available ASAP - this is important, so it should have only very basic features, then more, but not too advanced edit options, I agree with René...
Hello,
ASAP, +1 I agree,
Should be ( if it's possible for Pierre) , during a couple of months, the first priority (...marketing & strategic aspects)
Xnview is terribly missing into the "android Market", and I think than the development of an "android app." is a good solution especially for promoting the XnView Label & icon, among young people (and some others)
PS: ...Nice icons Budz45 especially the first one
XnViewMP Linux X64 - Debian - X64
budz45
XnThusiast

Post by budz45 »

I think an XnView viewer for Android should just be like QuickPic and use native API for JPG,BMP,PNG,GIF,WEBP support as Android supports these files natively just fine...However XnView could use it's own Lib for APNG support :)

A clean GUI (like QuickPic's) with lots of settings.
Onlyzen

Post by Onlyzen »

Here's what you need

iOS 9 or later
iPhone 5 or later
iPad 4th generation or later
iPad mini 2nd generation or later
iPod touch 6th generation
Android version 4.0 or later
Before you begin

On your Android device, make sure that Wi-Fi is turned on.
Plug your new iOS device and your Android device into power.
Make sure that the content you're moving, including what's on your external Micro SD card, will fit on your new iOS device
If you want to transfer your Chrome bookmarks, update to the latest version of Chrome on your Android device.

Tap Move Data from Android

While you set up your new iOS device, look for the Apps & Data screen. Then tap Move Data from Android. (If you already finished setup, you need to erase your iOS device and start over. If you don't want to erase, just transfer your content manually.)

Open the Move to iOS app

On your Android device, open the Move to iOS app and tap Continue. Read the terms and conditions that appear. To continue, tap Agree, then tap Next in the top-right corner of the Find Your Code screen.

Wait for a code

On your iOS device, tap Continue on the screen called Move from Android. Then wait for a ten-digit or six-digit code to appear. If your Android device shows an alert that you have a weak Internet connection, you can ignore the alert.

Use the code

Enter the code on your Android device. Then wait for the Transfer Data screen to appear.

Choose your content and wait

On your Android device, select the content that you want to transfer and tap Next. Then—even if your Android indicates that the process is complete—leave both devices alone until the loading bar that appears on your iOS device finishes. The whole transfer can take a while, depending on how much content you're moving.
Here's what gets transferred: contacts, message history, camera photos and videos, web bookmarks, mail accounts, and calendars. If they're available on both Google Play and the App Store, some of your free apps will also transfer. After the transfer completes, you can download any free apps that were matched from the App Store.

Set up your iOS device

After the loading bar finishes on your iOS device, tap Done on your Android device. Then tap Continue on your iOS device and follow the onscreen steps to finish setup for your iOS device.

Finish up

Make sure that all of your content transferred. If some of it didn't transfer, you can move that content manually.
Need to get the apps that were on your Android device? Go to the App Store on your iOS device to download them.

If you need help with the transfer

If you have issues moving your content, there are a couple of things that you can check:
Make sure that you leave both devices alone until the transfer finishes. For example, on your Android device, the Move to iOS app should stay onscreen the whole time. If you use another app or get a phone call on your Android before the transfer finishes, your content won't transfer.
On your Android device, turn off apps or settings that might affect your Wi-Fi connection, like the Sprint Connections Optimizer or the Smart Network Switch. Then find Wi-Fi in Settings, touch and hold each known network, and forget the network. Then try the transfer again.
Restart both of your devices and try again.
On your Android device, turn off your cellular data connection. Then try the transfer again.
If you need help after the transfer

If Messages doesn't work as expected after you transfer your content, get help.
If you don't see apps from your Android device on your new iOS device, find and download them in the App Store on your new device.
You might find that only some content transferred and your iOS device ran out of space, or your iOS device might appear full even though the transfer didn't finish. If so, erase your iOS device and start the transfer again. Make sure that your Android content doesn't exceed the available space on your iOS device.