My Congrats on this new XnView app!

Discussions on Android and iOS apps: XnPhotoFx, XnRetro, XnSketch, and so on.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

budz45
XnThusiast

My Congrats on this new XnView app!

Post by budz45 »

Hello illustrious XnView forum,

Congratulations Pierre, on your first new mobile release on the IOS platform since Windows Mobile times :)

Even without testing the app as yet myself (I would need my friends iPad 2), the screenshots and app description look really appealing.

here are my immediate feedback points just for you, Pierre, and the forum to read:

1.) You could charge a small negligible fee for this app e.g. $0.99 USD / €0.80 EUR for a version that has all FULL features whereas a free version would be limited to certain features. You could consider this for a future version. I feel that with all your development going into XnView family you should make some financial gains which would serve to support future XnView family development but also (human nature) make some little profit for yourself too. Actually, you could charge whatever you like, I know I would if I was a dev.

2.) Consider dropping the suffix "Fx" in a far future version - at this time in future XnView Mobile would become be a viewer & browser too

3.) An Android and Iphone version (which is already planned) is eagerly awaited.

4.) Remember to take note to support up to high-resolution screens e.g. 720p HD (as seen on Galaxy Nexus >>Android 4.0 ICS). I think that you are already supporting high-resolution since iPad itself has a 1024x768 screen display.
All My Topics || my 'MP' Topics
My own Bookmarked topics--->for me only
JohnFredC
XnThusiast

Re: My Congrats on this new XnView app!

Post by JohnFredC »

I'll pop in here and say that a future Android version needs to support a wide variety of screen sizes. My tablet is 1280x768, for instance.
John
budz45
XnThusiast

Post by budz45 »

Also I request that the Android version would be just a single installer (single APK file) and not different download installer for smartphone size and tablet size.

For this, it should not matter if the APK would be larger.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Development on Android is really not easy, i think that the first version of XnViewMobileFx will be on Android 4 (tablet)
Pierre.
budz45
XnThusiast

Post by budz45 »

xnview wrote:Development on Android is really not easy
Yes Pierre I have heard the same feedback said by many Android developers.

I also want to share this interesting comment I found from a mobile developer:
Scot Palmer wrote:
As a dev, I would rather sell 10 software licenses on 1 device than 20 on 2. I would also rather sell 10 if development time was 10 months than 20 at 20 months. That is the problem with Android and the benefit of Apple. I can build and test for iPhone 4 and it works very well (as tested) with a very large percentage of the iOS user base. The same cannot be said for Android. I very much dislike what Apple does as a company, but I think they are smarter than Google. Their bottom line certainly would lead someone to believe so. (Google should have had the foresight to fix their GUI. UX still studders in ICS on a dual core product. Apple Engineers produced a UX superior to that of Google Engineers with roughly 1/4 the processing power)

And don't get started about morals. They are both publicly traded. That means "being good" comes after making money.

--------------------
Source: http://www.androidauthority.com/android ... 012-47267/