mobile XnView gallery viewer?

Discussions on Android and iOS apps: XnPhotoFx, XnRetro, XnSketch, and so on.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

midnight rambler

mobile XnView gallery viewer?

Post by midnight rambler »

Is there any possibility of a picture viewer version of XnView being developed in the near future? I see there was a discussion thread about this in 2011-12, but nothing since. I've found the existing apps to be terribly deficient - no ability to display photo titles in thumbnail view, no ability to search (some show the function but only return results for folders, not picture files), no ability to display IPTC descriptions, poor ability to scroll through folders with large numbers of photos. One of the main reasons I got my tablet was to be able to bring my photos without hauling my computer (or having internet access), so I would certainly pay for something like a mobile version of the XnView browser.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: mobile XnView gallery viewer?

Post by xnview »

you means on Android?
Pierre.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

CrazyRom wrote:That could be great, there aren't any good viewers on android:)
what is needed??
Pierre.
jmre

Post by jmre »

Bonjour,

Je cherche un program Android qui me permettrait de regarder les photos et leurs données IPTC; je ne crois pas que cela existe chez xnview.
Justpictures s'en approche mais il impose ce que l'on peut voir : iptc mais aussi exifs qui encombrent l'écran d'un smartphone ou d'une tablette.
En plus les caractères accentués sont transformés en caractères bizarres...donc pas idéal pour les francophones !
On devrait pouvoir cocher dans une liste bien fournie les données que l'on veut afficher et tant qu'à faire quelques exifs.
Pourquoi pas sur XnExpress ?
Je précise que j'utilise exclusivement XnView MP sur mon PC pour visualiser les photos et c'est un régal de voir affichées les données IPTC, mots-clés...
Vraiment utile quand on regarde des photos vieilles de plus de cinquante ans (scannées et documentées...)
jmre
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

pourriez vous me contacter par pm ou mail?
Pierre.
jmre

Post by jmre »

Sorry,
Pas l'habitude, pouvez-vous me dire où je peux trouver votre adresse mail ?
Je crains d'écrire là où il ne faut pas !
Merci
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

contact @ xnview . com
Pierre.
klapperstorch

Post by klapperstorch »

Has anything happened regarding this topic?
I too am very interested to be able to display IPTC tags (e.g. headline) on an Android smartphone during a slide show or while displaying pictures one by one. On my PC I have configured XnView to overlay the picture at the bottom with such text. 't would be nice to have the same on the smartphone or tablet.
Regards
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

klapperstorch wrote:Has anything happened regarding this topic?
I too am very interested to be able to display IPTC tags (e.g. headline) on an Android smartphone during a slide show or while displaying pictures one by one. On my PC I have configured XnView to overlay the picture at the bottom with such text. 't would be nice to have the same on the smartphone or tablet.
And you have not found an app for that??
Pierre.
klapperstorch

Post by klapperstorch »

xnview wrote:And you have not found an app for that??
Well, I did not install and try every accessible app.
I looked at the feature descriptions of some but could not find this feature mentioned.
If there is really such an app then I'd appreciate to learn the name.
Thanks and regards
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

klapperstorch wrote:
xnview wrote:And you have not found an app for that??
Well, I did not install and try every accessible app.
I looked at the feature descriptions of some but could not find this feature mentioned.
If there is really such an app then I'd appreciate to learn the name.
Thanks and regards
So you need an app to display images and customize the fields to display?
Pierre.
klapperstorch

Post by klapperstorch »

xnview wrote:So you need an app to display images and customize the fields to display?
Yes!
jmre

Post by jmre »

jmre wrote: Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:41 pm Bonjour,

Je cherche un program Android qui me permettrait de regarder les photos et leurs données IPTC; je ne crois pas que cela existe chez xnview.
Justpictures s'en approche mais il impose ce que l'on peut voir : iptc mais aussi exifs qui encombrent l'écran d'un smartphone ou d'une tablette.
En plus les caractères accentués sont transformés en caractères bizarres...donc pas idéal pour les francophones !
On devrait pouvoir cocher dans une liste bien fournie les données que l'on veut afficher et tant qu'à faire quelques exifs.
Pourquoi pas sur XnExpress ?
Je précise que j'utilise exclusivement XnView MP sur mon PC pour visualiser les photos et c'est un régal de voir affichées les données IPTC, mots-clés...
Vraiment utile quand on regarde des photos vieilles de plus de cinquante ans (scannées et documentées...)
jmre
Je "déterre " ce message car, après de nombreux essais non satisfaisants, j'ai enfin trouvé un programme qui me convient et que je recommande :
FastPhotoTagger disponible sur play google.
Dans les paramètres on choisit les éléments qu'on veut afficher; enregistrer.
A la visualisation il suffit de taper légèrement sur le bas de l'écran pour faire apparaître les infos souhaitées.
Bons tests !
jmre