XnRetro won't run on Linux

Discussions on Android and iOS apps: XnPhotoFx, XnRetro, XnSketch, and so on.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

lucmv

XnRetro won't run on Linux

Post by lucmv »

I am running Debian Jessie and just found out about XnRetro and the entire XnView family.

I was more interested in XnRetro so I tried it first. But it won't run. It complains:
error while loading shared libraries: libSM.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
But I have it installed. I am sure of it. It's exactly the same name.

So I hacked the xnretro.sh file:

Code: Select all

#export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$dirname"/lib
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu"
It worked. That error is gone. But then there is another error:
error while loading shared libraries: libQtWebKit.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
But I have it installed, too!
OK, so I hacked the xnretro.sh file again:

Code: Select all

#export QT_PLUGIN_PATH="$dirname"/lib
export QT_PLUGIN_PATH="/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu"
But this time it didn't work. XnRetro still complains:
error while loading shared libraries: libQtWebKit.so.4: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
Then I installed the XnViewMP-linux-x64.deb, and XnView is running fine. It's nice to have a new tool, but like I said, I was more interested in XnRetro. What else can I do to make it run?

TIA
lucmv

Re: XnRetro won't run on Linux

Post by lucmv »

I had another idea: I rolled back all the changes I had done to the xnretro.sh file and copied libSM.so.6 (actually libSM.so.6.0.1 which is the real library and libSM.so.6 which is a symlink) into the XnRetro lib/ subdirectory.

It worked to some extent. Now I get this error:
error while loading shared libraries: libSM.so.6: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
So all signs seem to indicate that XnRetro will not run on a 64-bit system, which is a real shame.

Can't you provide a 64-bit version? Will it work if I get 32-bit versions of these libraries? I'm afraid to try because many others will be needed or something else will break.