File Attributes not changing

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

free2love

File Attributes not changing

Post by free2love »

I am using version 0.98.0.

When I am rating images, XnView is writing the rating back to the files, but it is not changing the file attributes. This means that my backup software is not seeing a file attribute change and not including them for my differential backup (I am using Cobian Backup). Is there a setting to make XnView change file attributes? I am not seeing anything to do that.

Thanks

Actually, after testing this with Adobe Bridge and Photo Mechanic, the latter is the only program that does set the file attribute to 'ready to archive'. Unless there is a setting for XnView to do this as well, I will have to do all of my image rating with Photo Mechanic from here on.
michel038
XnThusiast

Re: File Attributes not changing

Post by michel038 »

Hi,
See : "Settings, General, File Operations" tab , 3 last options ...
free2love

Post by free2love »

michel038 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:20 am Hi,
See : "Settings, General, File Operations" tab , 3 last options ...
Thanks for your reply. I checked all 3 of those options, rated a file, looked at the properties and 'File is Ready for Archiving' was still not ticked.
I looked at the same file with Photo Mechanic, changed the rating then looked at the properties and 'File is Ready for Archiving' was ticked.
You got my hopes up, but it still isn't doing what I need.
michel038
XnThusiast

Post by michel038 »

You are right, XnViewMP should provide an option to enable the archive attribute when modifying a file ...