Missing features (compared to XnView Classic)

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

humpty

Re: List of missing features (compared to XnView Classic)

Post by humpty »

I vote priority for 'sharpening'.
I think it's the most used effect for touching up blurred photos.
Moon_Breaker

Post by Moon_Breaker »

I just miss one really standard feature in XnViewMP, can't copy files from the thumbnail section to the folders section ! it is so lame to not make this basic feature work , really annoying. Other than that it is the best photo viewer ever.
I really hope they will fix this big mistake... :/
Arpas

Post by Arpas »

I do not know if I did not find or really lacking in MP: the ability to copy a portion of the image and paste it into another part of the image (copy & paste within the same image, I do not know if it is understood).
Thank you!
Moon_Breaker

Post by Moon_Breaker »

OMFG! You did it ! You guys r amazing ! Thank You so much ! :D

respect
pinocle

Post by pinocle »

One feature that I used to use in XnView Classic for Windows is viewing and conversion of WSQ files for fingerprint images. This feature seems to be missing from XnViewMP Version 0.60 (Jul 5 2013) (for OS/X). Is it truly missing or am I doing something wrong? Regardless, it was the most valuable feature for me (along with IHEAD .PCT) decodes.
Diamond00744

Post by Diamond00744 »

Hello? I have 2 problems:
1) I can't open SVG
2) Missing feature: switching pages in multipage file by pressing Up/Down key
3) Missing feature: close tab by clicking middle mouse button
lazyMaks

Post by lazyMaks »

Hi!
- format options on a "save as"
Can this option be added to XnView MP?
m.Th.
XnThusiast

Post by m.Th. »

Diamond00744 wrote:Hello? I have 2 problems:
1) I can't open SVG
2) Missing feature: switching pages in multipage file by pressing Up/Down key
3) Missing feature: close tab by clicking middle mouse button
1.) don't have a SVG to test.

2.) You can assign a shortcut key for that: Tools | Settings...

3.) Works for me.

4.) Perhaps is better to post in a separate thread your request. :)
m. Th.

- Dark Themed XnViewMP 1.6 64bit on Win11 x64 -
m.Th.
XnThusiast

Post by m.Th. »

lazyMaks wrote:Hi!
You have something close: File | Format Settings...
m. Th.

XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

Diamond00744 wrote:I can't open SVG
Unlike XnView Classic, MP supports the SVG (as well as SVGZ) format natively and doesn't rely on an I/O plug-in.
XnTriq ([url=http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?t=25096&p=101307#p101307]0.39 Beta win 64: SVG files are not displayed in browser[/url]) wrote:Vlad, you have to remove svg (and svgz) from the exclusion list in Tools » Settings... » Browser » Files list » Custom filter.
XnTriq ([url=http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?t=26589&p=106016#p106016]Thumbnails for .SVG and .WPG files[/url]) wrote:XnViewMP v0.51, on the other hand, comes with built-in support for SVG, but it has to be “activated” by removing svg and svgz from the extensions in Tools » Settings... » Browser » File list » Custom filter » Exclude.
lazyMaks

Post by lazyMaks »

m.Th. wrote:
lazyMaks wrote:Hi!
You have something close: File | Format Settings...
Yes I know. But it is very uncomfortable. A separate button for the format options in the dialog window "Save as..." (As in XnView Classic) is much more convenient.
viking

Post by viking »

As discussed in a previous thread (http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=28403), XnViewMP is missing an option to suppress "Save Changed File" Messages.

In XnView Classic, after I have manipulated (e.g. Rotated) an image in Full Screen Mode and advance to the next image, I also get a message "Save Changed File" Message. However, in contrast to XnViewMP, there is a check box "Never ask again". I wish that this would also be available in XnViewMP. Now I have to constantly click on "NO".
oops66
XnThusiast

Post by oops66 »

viking wrote:As discussed in a previous thread (http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=28403), XnViewMP is missing an option to suppress "Save Changed File" Messages.

In XnView Classic, after I have manipulated (e.g. Rotated) an image in Full Screen Mode and advance to the next image, I also get a message "Save Changed File" Message. However, in contrast to XnViewMP, there is a check box "Never ask again". I wish that this would also be available in XnViewMP. Now I have to constantly click on "NO".
... For me, this is too dangerous in some cases, because the integrity of the files can be easily compromised by mistake (if the case: "Never ask again" was already checked long time before (not remembered)).

... So, for me it's better via an "hidden option" (not easily accessible (or not accessible) with the GUI) into the xnview.ini file for example ... because it should not be set to a default behavior (by a old custom choose or by mistake) ;-)
XnViewMP Linux X64 - Debian - X64
m.Th.
XnThusiast

Post by m.Th. »

oops66 wrote:
viking wrote:As discussed in a previous thread (http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=28403), XnViewMP is missing an option to suppress "Save Changed File" Messages.

... For me, this is too dangerous in some cases, because the integrity of the files can be easily compromised by mistake (if the case: "Never ask again" was already checked long time before (not remembered)).
Agree. :) Dangerous.
... So, for me it's better via an "hidden option" (not easily accessible (or not accessible) with the GUI) into the xnview.ini file for example ... because it should not be set to a default behavior (by a old custom choose or by mistake) ;-)
Disagree. :)

For dangerous (decisive) actions while it is recommended to put them in a not-so-easy-to-reach place - Which Tools | Settings | SomePage | LastTab... would be ok - it is not enough. It is required to have a warning & confirmation message. IOW, when the user checks that checkbox a message saying "Warning! By checking this you might lose your work in Full Screen mode by not saving the changed files." {Ok}

For a very nice example of this go to your Firefox (if you have it), open a new tab, enter about:config in the Address line and press Enter. :)

Btw, I think I understand the OP because sometimes some camera brands does not record the orientation EXIF tag... ;)
m. Th.

oops66
XnThusiast

Post by oops66 »

Disagree. :)...For dangerous (decisive) actions while it is recommended to put them in a not-so-easy-to-reach place - Which Tools | Settings | SomePage | LastTab... would be ok
Hello,
Agree. :) (so not easily accessible ... with the GUI ... in my bad English).
XnViewMP Linux X64 - Debian - X64