Missing features (compared to XnView Classic)

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

lostcpu

Re: List of missing features (compared to XnView Classic)

Post by lostcpu »

need autocrop
crop according to the color of selected right-top right-bottom left-top or left-bottom and crop with tolerance.
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

lostcpu wrote:need autocrop
crop according to the color of selected right-top right-bottom left-top or left-bottom and crop with tolerance.
Automatic Crop is available in XnViewMP in Tools > Batch convert... which can be used for single images, but yes, it would be good to add it to the main menu...
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

Missing features in XnViewMP (0.72) :

(Edit >) Set selection size > Custom selection...

Also:

(Edit >) Set selection ratio > Custom selection...

A thought:

As (in general) only a custom ratio or a custom size can be set, and in XnView Classic the Save selection as custom and Saved selection (keyboard shortcut 'C') functions are common to both and in effect shared, might a common window with radio buttons to select whether a common size or ratio is selected (with drop-down lists of values?) and a common Save selection as custom button in the window, be more logical and clearer??
gouache

Post by gouache »

Ability to set double click on image/video to open in associated program (only F3 will do this in MP).
t3sla

Post by t3sla »

Show/Hide and Delete/Copy/Move companion files like JPG-RAW!
Ron Francis

Post by Ron Francis »

ania wrote:Favourite management (removing or changing the order of favourites) is missing. There's only "Add Favourite", so I'm adding and the list gets longer and longer.
XnView MP Version 0.61 (Jul 18 2013)
Windows 7 64bit
Windows 8.1
XnViewMP version 0.72x64
I just thought I would bump the post above as there is no way I can see to manage favourites except to manually edit the bookmark.ini file.
Last edited by Ron Francis on Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
dev3d

Post by dev3d »

t3sla wrote:Show/Hide and Delete/Copy/Move companion files like JPG-RAW!
I agree with t3sla and the those who posted in the XnViewMP: For Copy/Move/Delete use companion file and Companion / XMP files - bug threads that we should prioritize issue #288 and add support for CopyCompanionFile and companion extension options (eg. "Companion_00=jpg:" ) to XnView MP at least to the degree they are supported in XnView Classic (in .ini file) but ideally exposed in the Options window like m.Th. had proposed.

I use XnView to manage a library of media, using "Move/Copy To" to move the video preview thumbnails (such as generated using Auto Movie Thumbnailer (AMT)) or cover image, such as Movie 1.mp4.jpg and have the corresponding video file automatically moved together with the preview (by having "Companion_00=jpg:" and "Companion_01=:jpg" in XnView.ini).
This feature is the entire reason I began using XnView and is the primary reason I still can't yet make the switch to XnView MP.
Ron Francis

Post by Ron Francis »

Ron Francis wrote:
ania wrote:Favourite management (removing or changing the order of favourites) is missing. There's only "Add Favourite", so I'm adding and the list gets longer and longer.
XnView MP Version 0.61 (Jul 18 2013)
Windows 7 64bit
Windows 8.1
XnViewMP version 0.72x64
I just thought I would bump the post above as there is no way I can see to manage favourites except to manually edit the bookmark.ini file.
[Correction to my previous post; I just found that Favorites can be managed in a window opened under the Favorites tab, (not the Favorites drop down button).
This tab opens a window similar to the Folders window except only the favorite folders are displayed. They can be renamed and deleted from there.]
ikletti

Post by ikletti »

A curious reminder:
xnview wrote:
helmut wrote: • Acquire from Scanner or Camera
You have it already :)
ikletti wrote:I now have tried XnView MP Version 0.61 on a Windows 7 (64 Bit) system where I see a menu entry for scanning in the "File" menu. So I went back to Linux, and just to make sure, uninstalled XnView MP and reinstalled it. Still no menu entry for scanning. Is this related to the different backends (TWAIN vs. SANE) [...]
berniz95 wrote:I fully agree with this post - no way I can scan using XnView MP under Ubuntu. Is there anything new on that subject ?
XnTriq (quote from [url=http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?f=82&t=30293]here[/url]) wrote:This feature has yet to be implemented in the Linux edition.
No scan feature in the 0.76 Linux version yet. Is there a point on the roadmap for the scan feature to be implemented in the Linux version of XnView MP?
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

Plug-in support for many formats in Windows 64-bit, Mac and Linux versions.

[Similarly for XnConvert, which is also available for the above platforms.]
-indigo-

Post by -indigo- »

Picture zoom while holding mouse key (like FastStone picture viewer).
helmut

Post by helmut »

-indigo- wrote:Picture zoom while holding mouse key (like FastStone picture viewer).
Thank you for your suggestions, -indigo-. Zooming while holding mouse key isn't available in XnView Classic, either, so it's not a feature that supposed to be listed in this topic. Please create a new topic in forum "MP - Suggestions" and describe your suggested feature in a bit more detail.
Analitik

v0.8.3: scanning does not work

Post by Analitik »

В версии 0.8.3 пункты меню "Файл" - "Выбрать TWAIN-совместимое устройство" и "Сканировать..." не работают - их выбор не выполняет никакого действия. Проверено на двух компьютерах с Windows 10 Home 64-bit. А в шапке темы этот пункт зачёркнут, как будто проблема уже решена.

Menu items "File"-"Select TWAIN source" and "TWAIN scan" don't work - their selection does not perform any action. Tested on two computers with Windows 10 Home 64-bit. But in the header of the theme this item is crossed out, as if the problem has already been solved - ???
cday
XnThusiast

Re: v0.8.3: scanning does not work

Post by cday »

Analitik wrote:Menu items "File"-"Select TWAIN source" and "TWAIN scan" don't work - their selection does not perform any action. Tested on two computers with Windows 10 Home 64-bit. But in the header of the theme this item is crossed out, as if the problem has already been solved - ???
There are technical reasons why TWAIN isn't currently supported on XnView MP 64-bit, but Pierre plans to provide a solution when he has time...
mtness

Post by mtness »

Hi there, first of all, a big "thank you" for your continued support an development of XNview, I just can't live without it.

It seems, that there is another feature missing which I haven't found listed anywhere else:

When in fullscreen view, there is no option for "play first file from next folder" anymore...
Makes browsing in huge subdirctory based image archives very uncomfortable.
Maybe I'm getting it wrong and I just don't ifnd the right setting?

Kind regards and thanks for all your efforts!