XMP metadata description, is there a tag for this?

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Circa null

XMP metadata description, is there a tag for this?

Post by Circa null »

Is there a way to refer to the image description stored in XMP from within the UI of XnViewMP? That is, I would like to be able to show the image description for example in the full screen view info box.

I know that the {IPTC:Caption} tag will show the similar IPTC field contents, but that's not available to PNG format pictures so I have to muddle around to find something that works.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: XMP metadata description, is there a tag for this?

Post by xnview »

I need to add support XMP in info
Pierre.
szf

Post by szf »

I can see the XMP metatdata (dc / subject[1], subject[2]...) in thumbnail view. Is there any way to show them in fullscreen mode in the info line? I've tried to use {XMP:Subject} syntax in XnView MP Windows Version 0.92 64bits (Sep 18 2018) but this hack :wink: was unsuccessful.
korni

Post by korni »

I'm very new with XnView MP V 0.92 and also with this forum. Use the program on my iMac with OS Sierra. Like SZF I also want to add information to the thumbnail lines. For RAW files all the wanted information is given inside the XMP file (e.g. dc:description). Unfortunately I was unable to add the information to the lines. For JPG files it is no problem by add IPTC: Caption in the settings. Now I found this topic and wonder if there is a solution available or to expect?
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Currently you can only add EXIF & IPTC, i'll add XMP in a future version
Pierre.