Custom Themes

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Re: Custom Themes

Post by XnTriq »

Brother Gabriel-Marie wrote:
XnTriq wrote:You can share it in “Contribution” » “Customization” » “Toolbar skins:-D
If I am not mistaken, that thread is for skins for the old XnView. Shouldn't we start a new one for MP?
Right. If you create a new thread, I'll rename the old one to “Toolbar skins for XnView Classic” or something.
Brother Gabriel-Marie wrote:Well, in customize toolbar mode (Browse mode) it says cmd_refreshThumb in the list.
But no, the icon never displays.
:bugconfirmed:
Brother Gabriel-Marie

Post by Brother Gabriel-Marie »

XnTriq wrote:Right. If you create a new thread, I'll rename the old one to “Toolbar skins for XnView Classic” or something.
Well, as soon as I figure out how to create a theme, I'll start the thread!
Right now, the only I can do is create a set of icons; the user doesn't have any way of switching themes - not like in Classic when you could choose from amoungst many different themes, even custom ones. In MP there is only the menu to switch between the qss configs, and even that doesn't pick up a custom qss file.
jscode

Post by jscode »

Hi,

is this also working on OSX? I tried putting the icons from the Windows zip (changed some icons) into the settings folder:
- USER/.xnviewmp/UI/icons-48
- USER/.xnviewmp/UI/icons
- USER/.xnviewmp/icons
- and also into the package /Applications/XnViewMP.app/Contents/MacOS/UI/icons-48

... but no success. Is there a way to do it on OSX?

Thanks!
jscode

Post by jscode »

Found out how to do it on OSX:

- icons into the package /Applications/XnViewMP.app/Contents/MacOS/UI/icons-48
- AND a file toolbar.ini in /Applications/XnViewMP.app/Contents/MacOS/UI with ...

Code: Select all

[Toolbar-48]
folder=icons-48
size=48
You can change size and folder name.

But additional command icons, like cmd_Filter.png (command name from Settings -> Toolbar), don't seem to work. Is that working with windows?
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

Welcome to the forum, jscode. Thanks for sharing your solution!
jscode wrote:But additional command icons, like cmd_Filter.png (command name from Settings -> Toolbar), don't seem to work. Is that working with windows?
Pending request: Add an icon to a CMD_ (toolbar)
jscode

Post by jscode »

Thanks XnTriq! Looking forward for this feature getting included!
miki

Post by miki »

In version 0.87, I'm able to replace almost all icons by placing my own PNG files into the folder UI/icons-48, but it seems some icons like:
cmd_viewAs, cmd_sortBy, cmd_filterBy, etc
are ignored and the program still loads the default icons. So, these icons are hard-coded and cannot be replaced?
Miki Proxima (meshlogic)
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

miki wrote:In version 0.87, I'm able to replace almost all icons by placing my own PNG files into the folder UI/icons-48, but it seems some icons like:
cmd_viewAs, cmd_sortBy, cmd_filterBy, etc
are ignored and the program still loads the default icons. So, these icons are hard-coded and cannot be replaced?
perhaps i need to check
Pierre.