unintentional dragging-moving in tree window

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

vicsharx

unintentional dragging-moving in tree window

Post by vicsharx »

I periodically have trouble navigating the file tree as sometimes the program thinks I want to move a folder when it was not my intention. The process starts immediately and I have no idea where the files have been moved or copied. This is rather dangerous. Is there any way to ask for confirmation when these operations are done? :shock:
oops66
XnThusiast

Re: unintentional dragging-moving in tree window

Post by oops66 »

vicsharx wrote:... This is rather dangerous. Is there any way to ask for confirmation when these operations are done?
Hello, ... +1
XnViewMP Linux X64 - Debian - X64
Mixer
Banned

Post by Mixer »

How do you navigate through the folder tree in the way program thinks you want to move a folder? Can't hit a slider bar? Arrow keys shorten Ctrl Alt+M combination in keyboard circuit?
vicsharx

Post by vicsharx »

It happens when I select new folders, not when scrolling. When I'm clicking several folders to see what is inside it can be seem sometimes as I want to drag them when it was not my intention. It happens with my mouse, my Wacom stylus or anything really. Certainly doesn't happen always but perhaps once each 3 months. Sometimes even I don't notice it and the folder is lost inside of another random folder. I don't think is needed confirmation for moving files but for moving folders yes (and the files inside), at least as an option. It is simply too much mess when that happens.