pdf files opening and editing

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

cooky

pdf files opening and editing

Post by cooky »

i recently downloaded xnview to my mac which i have almost totally converted to from my windows PC.

i used xnview a lot on my PC.
i was wondering if this ghost script file that is required to open pdf files in xnview......is this the only way i can open them.

actually what i was wanting to do was open pdf file and edit it.

i used to use irfanview to do this all the time but irfanview not available for macs.

does anyone know of a free app for mac that will allow me to open and edit pdf files?

thankyou
cooky

Re: pdf files opening and editing

Post by cooky »

oh my......
i just did some googling and discovered that i can open and edit using PREVIEW an app that comes with Mac.

sorry...guess i should have googled first before posting.
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

cooky wrote:oh my......
i just did some googling and discovered that i can open and edit using PREVIEW an app that comes with Mac.

You should also be able to use XnView MP if you wish, which is cross-platform and available for a Mac... :D
hier_kommt_luis

Post by hier_kommt_luis »

cooky wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:22 pm oh my......

Not quite so obvious, huh? I faced the same very thing while trying xnview, so there's nothing to be ashamed for. My job requires to work with editable pdf forms often: applications, offers, tax forms, you name it. So I tried all the common tools, starting with Adobe's one - I guess there's no need to explain why I give up it for good - Foxit, Sejda as well, now I'm with this one: https://edit-pdf.pdffiller.com/ mostly because it's a web one and it works way faster than these ones I mentioned. And all the basic tools I need are free to use with no limits, unlike the others. There's some things to compare with XnView, but really, I hope they would put edit features to more significant place!