Custom keyboard shortcuts don't work

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

smallwood13

Custom keyboard shortcuts don't work

Post by smallwood13 »

Hello, I'm trying to set up custom keyboard shortcuts, but they don't work. For example I setup "f" for full screen and "Space" for Next file, but nothing happened. Default shortcuts continue working (F11 for full screen), but not new ones.

helmut

Re: Custom keyboard shortcuts don't work

Post by helmut »

The shortcuts are divided by modes: Browser mode and View mode. From what I can see, you have specified shortcuts for Browser mode, i.e. these shortcuts will work in browser mode, only. Is this perhaps the problem?
shortcuts_viewmode.png
smallwood13

Post by smallwood13 »

You are right, thank you!
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

helmut wrote:The shortcuts are divided by modes: Browser mode and View mode
Wouldn't it be better if the Interface > Shortcuts design was similar to that for Interface > Toolbar, if that is possible?

Image_1.jpg
helmut

Post by helmut »

cday wrote:
helmut wrote:The shortcuts are divided by modes: Browser mode and View mode
Wouldn't it be better if the Interface > Shortcuts design was similar to that for Interface > Toolbar, if that is possible?
+1 Yes, atm definining a shortcut for the wrong mode can happen very easily, which is no good.
MARK2580

Post by MARK2580 »

Two years have passed, and the problem still remains. If you assign one button to a function, it DOES NOT WORK. If you assign a combination then WORKS. But I need exactly one button.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

MARK2580 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:42 am Two years have passed, and the problem still remains. If you assign one button to a function, it DOES NOT WORK. If you assign a combination then WORKS. But I need exactly one button.
which shortcut?
Pierre.
MARK2580

Post by MARK2580 »

xnview wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:36 pm
MARK2580 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:42 am Two years have passed, and the problem still remains. If you assign one button to a function, it DOES NOT WORK. If you assign a combination then WORKS. But I need exactly one button.
which shortcut?
Any. For example, from the beginning I wanted to assign F3 to open the batch conversion dialog. Then to check that it really does not work, I changed the rename function from F2 to F3 and it did not work until I returned F2 by default.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

F3/F4 are assigned to OpenWith, F12 About, F2 rename, F7 new folder, F5 refresh, F11 fullscreen and can't be changed
Pierre.
MARK2580

Post by MARK2580 »

xnview wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:50 am F3/F4 are assigned to OpenWith, F12 About, F2 rename, F7 new folder, F5 refresh, F11 fullscreen and can't be changed
Why, then, is there a function to change these hot keys if you cannot change them ? Don't you think this is stupid ?
Those. judging by your answer, I can not assign anything to F3 ?
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

MARK2580 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:02 pm
xnview wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:50 am F3/F4 are assigned to OpenWith, F12 About, F2 rename, F7 new folder, F5 refresh, F11 fullscreen and can't be changed
Why, then, is there a function to change these hot keys if you cannot change them ? Don't you think this is stupid ?
Those. judging by your answer, I can not assign anything to F3 ?
I'm wrong, you can change them. Only F3/F4 can't be changed
Pierre.
MARK2580

Post by MARK2580 »

xnview wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:04 am I'm wrong, you can change them. Only F3/F4 can't be changed
Okay, this is still strange. But then I managed to install batch processing on F6.
Pterry

Post by Pterry »

I have a similar problem:
I have two Ini files for XNViewMP for using different databases. Both intances have some customizations (like themes, arrangement of controls, toolbars, etc.).
In both instances, I have manually set F12 to cmd_rebuildThumb. (Setting this in instance A does not set in instance B automatically)
The shortcut then always worked in instance A, but never in B, no matter if I only start one of them or both.
If I assign another shortcut in instance B (like CTRL-SHIFT-M), this shortcut works, but F12 no longer works in instance A (nor does CTRL-SHIFT-M). If I then set CTRL-SHIFT-M in instance A, it works in A, but no longer in B.

I hope, this wasn't too confusing :D

I also wonder, where the keyboard shortcuts are stored? I could not find them in the INI- files or the registry.
Pterry

Post by Pterry »

So... after testing this a little more, I found out that this odd behaviour does only occur when I try to assign F12 to cmd_rebuildThumb. The F12 key then sometimes works in one of both instances, sometimes in none of them, but never in both.

But if I assign CTRL-12 to cmd_rebuildThumb in both instances, it seems to work fine. I can happily live with that, maybe this information is useful for someone else.