Download older version?

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

stephenschimpf

Download older version?

Post by stephenschimpf »

Hello. Is it possible to download an older version of XnView MP? I was using version 0.64 to change the timestamp of some pictures and videos but occasionally ran into a problem, so I updated to version 0.84 and now when I try to change the timestamp of a video I get an "An error occurred in updating process!" message. I've tried both the 32- and 64-bit version on Windows 7. This feature seems to be completely broken now, and I would dearly love to revert to an older version so I can continue to process my vacation pictures and videos. Thank you.
cday
XnThusiast

Re: Download older version?

Post by cday »

stephenschimpf wrote:Hello. Is it possible to download an older version of XnView MP? I was using version 0.64 to change the timestamp of some pictures and videos but occasionally ran into a problem, so I updated to version 0.84 and now when I try to change the timestamp of a video I get an "An error occurred in updating process!" message. I've tried both the 32- and 64-bit version on Windows 7. This feature seems to be completely broken now, and I would dearly love to revert to an older version so I can continue to process my vacation pictures and videos. Thank you.
Yes, older versions of XnView software are available here, scroll down the long list: Old versions :D
m.Th.
XnThusiast

Post by m.Th. »

Hi stephenschimpf - welcome among us!

1. It works for me. I changed for a MOV file the Created Date.The Modified Date seems not to work. However no error message appeared.

2. It would be MUCH better to post also in Bugs forum your problem in order to be seen by Pierre, discussed and fixed. Here it would get overlooked and you will remain with an older version "forever" :)

Be sure to provide detailed steps - read first how to do it here: http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=27835 and after this post your problem in that forum. Mention file type, if the preview is opened, if file was playing, what did you checked, pressed etc.

Also be sure to mention a descriptive title for your problem in order to catch the attention. :)

HTH
m. Th.

- Dark Themed XnViewMP 1.6 64bit on Win11 x64 -
stephenschimpf

Post by stephenschimpf »

Thank you very much! I tried older versions 0.83, 0.82, 0.79, etc., and continued getting the error until I got to version 0.69, which seems to work fine.
helmut

Post by helmut »

Thank you for reporting your bug in a seperate topic. I've moved this topic back to "General Support".