Browser Context Menu Item In Full Screen Modus

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

digiformer

Post by digiformer »

Hello there,

is there a way to put a button for "switch to browser-mode" into the Right-Mouse-Button Context Menu? Please see attached JPG...

Or maybe an autohide-option for the toolbar in fullscreen mode would be even cooler?

Thank you for helping...

Kind regards
Attachments
m.Th.
XnThusiast

Re: Browser Context Menu Item In Full Screen Modus

Post by m.Th. »

Hi digiformer!

Welcome among us!

ISTM that you have two separate requests here:

is there a way to put a button for "switch to browser-mode" into the Right-Mouse-Button Context Menu? Please see attached JPG...
This is 1st. I think that a much quicker way to switch is to middle click or double click on the image in the FullScreen mode. For this to work, you must configure it appropriately in Tools | Settings | Interface | Switching mode. Of course, you can use the keyboard to switch but it seems that you want a mouse-only solution.

The second is:
Or maybe an autohide-option for the toolbar in fullscreen mode would be even cooler?
Currently not possible. What do you want to achieve? More space? IMHO the toolbar is pretty thin.
m. Th.

- Dark Themed XnViewMP 1.6 64bit on Win11 x64 -
helmut

Post by helmut »

Thank you for registering here and your request, digiformer.

In order to switch from fullscreen back to browser you can select "Fullscreen" in the context menu (not very intuitive, I know).

The settings for switching modes (Settings: Interface | Switching mode) might be also interesting for you. E.g. you could set "Use double click to switch between:" to "Browser <> Fullscreen | Viewer <> Fullscreen" and then use double-click to switch between fullscreen and browser.
digiformer

Post by digiformer »

Hello there,

thank you all for your ideas.
The switch settings i allready had set to "Browser <> Fullscreen | Viewer <> Fullscreen" , but when starting the XNVMP into fullscreen mode via double click on a file in the file manager, this always leads to the viewer in the first try. After switching from Viewer to Browser, the switch works between Browser and Fullscreen, as long as i dont restart XNVMP. I often have to switch between different software packages, so this happens a lot.

Rethinking of what i really want here, i find that actually i want to avoid the Viewer mode. I allways start in fullscreen mode and than switch between browser and fullscreen.
I know this one more click is not really a problem. Its criticism on a very detailed level. It just would be much more comfortable to not have to do it. So i did ask.

The Toolbar in Fullscreen is a good thing. I dont need more space here. Its rather that i need to watch and assess the grafics without any interfering elements.
Therefore i love the autohide functionality of the directory view and the info tab. I can get it when i need it. Its away when i dont need it.
It would be awesome, to be able to directly switch to other directories from here.

So the actual question i would have to ask is:
Is it possible to somehow evade the Viewer when using the mode switching feature?

Thank you for helping,
kind regards
m.Th.
XnThusiast

Post by m.Th. »

Is it possible to somehow evade the Viewer when using the mode switching feature?
Use "Browser <> Fullscreen | Viewer <> Fullscreen" as your option.

If you will be in Browser it will jump to Fullscreen and back
m. Th.

- Dark Themed XnViewMP 1.6 64bit on Win11 x64 -