Taskbar is hidden in Linux

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

LinuxMatt

Taskbar is hidden in Linux

Post by LinuxMatt »

I am using Linux Mint 18.something.
I just installed XnViewMP. When I open a picture the taskbar at the bottom of my PC is hidden/blocked. Is this normal? I am not in fullscreen. I can't switch programs unless I close XnView. Is it possible to resize XnView? I can't seem to find a way via dragging borders.

Thanks
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Taskbar is hidden in Linux

Post by xnview »

could you send me a screenshot?
Pierre.
LinuxMatt

Post by LinuxMatt »

I don't know if it will show up correct. I probably should have picked a better picture.
You really can't see anything. It's the bottom of the picture, cropped.
You really can't see anything. It's the bottom of the picture, cropped.
Here is the same picture, cropped, opened in xviewer.
Here is the same picture, cropped, opened in xviewer.

Thanks
Attachments
Same picture taken with a camera. You can see my Samsung monitor, and just white blur where the taskbar should be.
Same picture taken with a camera. You can see my Samsung monitor, and just white blur where the taskbar should be.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

and you can't resize the border of XnView window?
Pierre.
LinuxMatt

Post by LinuxMatt »

xnview wrote:and you can't resize the border of XnView window?
No I can not.
I can click on the magnifying glass in the lower right hand corner, but all that does is makes the picture smaller, not the actual program. I run my mouse all over the edge, but I can't click and drag to make the program appear smaller. In full screen mode the only thing different is xnView's status bar(?) disappears from the bottom.
mmathab

Post by mmathab »

I had the same problem on windows. The way I fixed it I went to the thumbnail view and right clicked an image and clicked open (ctrl-o). That view was full-screen as well, but by clicking F11 I was able to remove it from the full screen view, and then when I hit escape it went back the thumbnail view in a normal windows view.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

LinuxMatt wrote:
xnview wrote:and you can't resize the border of XnView window?
No I can not.
I can click on the magnifying glass in the lower right hand corner, but all that does is makes the picture smaller, not the actual program. I run my mouse all over the edge, but I can't click and drag to make the program appear smaller. In full screen mode the only thing different is xnView's status bar(?) disappears from the bottom.
which window manager?
Pierre.
LinuxMatt

Post by LinuxMatt »

Cinnamon.
I originally tried Cinnamon back in June, it would crash and show the default manager. I believe that is Mate. So I did a clean install of Mate, but when I would run some programs or double click a desktop icon the taskbar would disapper. So I switched back to Cinnamon. In the last two months I don't believe I've had cinnamon crash on me. So that is an improvement.
I tried what the previous guy posted, but that didn't work for me.

Thank you