Can we bring up the "default" system right-click menu, when the need arises?

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Sabinoo

Can we bring up the "default" system right-click menu, when the need arises?

Post by Sabinoo »

Hello!

When I deal with image folders, I still use to this day ACDSee Classic instead of the default windows Explorer (ever since windows 2k, now with 10). It's got the advantages of allowing to view and manage images (duh) and also with a shift-List key or a Shift-right click on an image or a directory I am STILL offered the OS's default right click menu.
If it weren't missing from XnViewMP, I would have already switched image software :|

This is the one feature I'm missing with XnviewMP, and I really, really miss it, I can't bring myself to alt-tab between the images viewer and the OS's file Explorer (win-R, paste working directory, Enter)... I reckon it would be fast to do, and yet, it's still a bother.
if only I could do it, I would gladly kiss old ACDSee goodbye, at last.

Maybe I missed the feature, though, who knows.

Please, would someone know if there is a way, from within XnView, for either files or directories, to bring up, not Xnview's right-click menu, but the operating system's default right-click menu ?

Or, for lack of the entire ability, would there be a way to manually add custom commands to Xnview's contextual menu?

Thank you VERY MUCH if you can help me :)
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Can we bring up the "default" system right-click menu, when the need arises?

Post by xnview »

Sabinoo wrote: This is the one feature I'm missing with XnviewMP, and I really, really miss it, I can't bring myself to alt-tab between the images viewer and the OS's file Explorer (win-R, paste working directory, Enter)... I reckon it would be fast to do, and yet, it's still a bother.
Could you explain me more?
Please, would someone know if there is a way, from within XnView, for either files or directories, to bring up, not Xnview's right-click menu, but the operating system's default right-click menu ?
will be added
Pierre.
Sabinoo

Re: Can we bring up the "default" system right-click menu, when the need arises?

Post by Sabinoo »

xnview wrote:
Sabinoo wrote: This is the one feature I'm missing with XnviewMP, and I really, really miss it, I can't bring myself to alt-tab between the images viewer and the OS's file Explorer (win-R, paste working directory, Enter)... I reckon it would be fast to do, and yet, it's still a bother.
Could you explain me more?
I realize I was a tiny bit (really minuscule tiny bit, right) confusing.

Since I can't have the system's own contextual menu in xnview, for operations that are done with/through the context menu of the OS, I need to leave Xnview, open an Explorer window in which I'll copy-paste the location of the current working directory, in which I'll do my things to the files, and when I'm done, I will switch back to Xnview to resume managing my images and files with Xnview.

While I wouldn't have to leave Xnview at all, if there was the option to bring up the system's own contextual menu within Xnview.
xnview wrote:
Sabinoo wrote: Please, would someone know if there is a way, from within XnView, for either files or directories, to bring up, not Xnview's right-click menu, but the operating system's default right-click menu ?
will be added
Wonderful, thank you, it's good to hear :)