Persistent Scanning Progress Bar

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

samuel77

Persistent Scanning Progress Bar

Post by samuel77 »

Hello,
I like the program a lot thinking that it's the fastest for me sifting through my gigantic collection of pictures (mostly screenshots of lectures) which are organized in different folders. The only issue which bugs me is that everytime I visit a folder containing pics, I always see the green bar moving or scanning all the time, even if I'm visiting folders of pics I've browsed from a little while i.e. the green progress bar is always working and working. Is this nomral? Can it just scans the folder once and don't keep on doing it over and over again even though nothing have changed in that folder. Is there any way to stop this?
I don't notice this bar when the folder I'm visiting contains a fairly small no. of pics but it's noticeable when the no. of pics are in hundreds and it becomes annoying when the no. of pics are in thousands.

P.S. I'm using the latest version 0.89 64 bits on Windows 7 x64.

Thanks in advance
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Re: Persistent Scanning Progress Bar

Post by XnTriq »

Hi samuel77, please try activating Create thumbnails for whole folder in ToolsSettings...ThumbnailMisc.
samuel77

Post by samuel77 »

Thanks for the suggestion but I have this option enabled already!
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

As it turns out, this is a known issue:
xnview wrote:This problem is supposed to be fixed in XnView MP 0.90. Please check and confirm the bug fix here.