How to get out of video playback

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

vbennison

How to get out of video playback

Post by vbennison »

Just installed XnViewMP (64 bit) on Windows 10. I go to a directory with both .jpg and .mov files. Clicking through the .jpg files in XnViewMP just fine. When I come to a .mov file it plays it, but I can't get out of playing it. I can pause the video, but there is no way to go to the next file, either .jpg of .mov. Playing to the end doesn't help. (Also, when I hit the replay, the movie inverted and played upside down, and I couldn't figure out how to fix that.) I love the viewer in slide show mode, but need to be able to click around .mov files. I'm at an impasse. Help!

Let me add, now all my videos are playing upside down. Don't know how to fix that. Also, the fully automated slide show will play the entire video and move onto the next file. But if you pause it, you are doomed.

A few more data points. I can get out of the movie with the pgdn key. There's nothing I can do with the mouse to get out. Also, movies shot with my DSLR in horizontal format play right side up. Movies shot with IPhones, at least in vertical format, play upside down.

Another data point. If I use PGDN to get out of a video, I then can only use PGDN. The popup with the arrows to mouse click on will no longer come up. This does not happen if I use PGDN to move around .jpg files. Only when I use PGDN to move out of a .mov file.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: How to get out of video playback

Post by xnview »

'File Previous/Next' menu entry or page prev/next doesn't work?
Pierre.
vbennison

Post by vbennison »

No, while the movie is playing there is no menu showing, nor any right or left mouse menus. And again, the movie is showing upside down. And moving the cursor around does not bring up any controls.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

are you in fullscreen? from browser?
Pierre.
vbennison

Post by vbennison »

Yes, I have set XnView as default for displaying .jpgs. I get full screen from clicking on a thumbnail in Windows Explorer, and little left and right arrows pop up at the bottom when I cursor down to the bottom. When I cursor into a .mov file there is no way to use the cursor to get out. I can use PgUp or PgDn and my mouse wheel works. From then on, the little left and right arrows no longer popup on the .jpgs. I get the image thumbnail bar at the top if I cursor up to the top. And I can use PgUp and PgDn and the mouse wheel.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

which setting do you have in general>Mode when starting...?
Pierre.
vbennison

Post by vbennison »

Where to I find General>mode? Don't see it in the menu items of XnView.
vbennison

Post by vbennison »

Okay, I found under Tools>Settings the general tab in which there is "Mode when starting with file". That was set to Full Screen Browser. I just change it to Normal. What was your thought?
vbennison

Post by vbennison »

When I'm in XnView, not in the browser, the movie plays upside down still, don't get that, but all controls work. If I go to full screen, the same problem occurs with the arrow controls not popping up. Otherwise same as mentioned except if I double click the whole image display goes away.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

vbennison wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:37 am When I'm in XnView, not in the browser, the movie plays upside down still, don't get that, but all controls work. If I go to full screen, the same problem occurs with the arrow controls not popping up. Otherwise same as mentioned except if I double click the whole image display goes away.
If you use 'Normal' for the setting, keyboards works, and not in 'fullscreen - browser', right?
Pierre.