Linux - Main window moves with adjustment window

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

hako

Linux - Main window moves with adjustment window

Post by hako »

I am using v0.89 appimage on Ubuntu 18.04 64 bit. When I want to adjust a picture (etc via image > adjust > levels), a window opens where I can change the settings. If I move this window, the underlying picture window also moves. The adjustment window hides the picture window making the adjustment a blind flight.
In an earlier version the same thing happened, but another previous version worked correctly.
Unfortunately, I cannot remember which version was ok.

N.B.: Version 0.90 does not let me access files on another drive (in Linux mounted via /mnt/dir), only the home folder can be used. Also a problem that occurred on earlier versions, but not in 0.89.

So, which version should I try to get a usable xnviewmp?
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Linux - Main window moves with adjustment window

Post by xnview »

hako wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 3:15 pm I am using v0.89 appimage on Ubuntu 18.04 64 bit. When I want to adjust a picture (etc via image > adjust > levels), a window opens where I can change the settings. If I move this window, the underlying picture window also moves. The adjustment window hides the picture window making the adjustment a blind flight.
In an earlier version the same thing happened, but another previous version worked correctly.
Unfortunately, I cannot remember which version was ok.
could you send me a screenshot?
N.B.: Version 0.90 does not let me access files on another drive (in Linux mounted via /mnt/dir), only the home folder can be used. Also a problem that occurred on earlier versions, but not in 0.89.
but there is no change here, you can't go to /mnt/dir folder?
Pierre.
hako

Post by hako »

I am using version 0.89 appimage
Screenshot see attached: Trying to move the adjustment window out of the way, so that the picture gets visible, fails, because the main window moves with the sub-window. It is also not possible to get the picture window to the foreground, i.e. in front of the adjustment window.

I tried version 0.90, installed via snap (no appimage available). In that version I cannot access drives mounted via /mnt/something. xnviewmp 0.90 complains about lacking permission.On top of that, the a.m. window problem also occurs.

I guess there are different versions of dependencies used, but it can be that an earlier version would work. Do you have any idea which one I should try? Or, is there a setting I can try?
Attachments
when trying to move the Levels window, the main XnView MP window also moves
when trying to move the Levels window, the main XnView MP window also moves
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

hako wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 9:05 pm I am using version 0.89 appimage
Screenshot see attached: Trying to move the adjustment window out of the way, so that the picture gets visible, fails, because the main window moves with the sub-window. It is also not possible to get the picture window to the foreground, i.e. in front of the adjustment window.
It seems that it's a setting in window manager
I tried version 0.90, installed via snap (no appimage available). In that version I cannot access drives mounted via /mnt/something. xnviewmp 0.90 complains about lacking permission.On top of that, the a.m. window problem also occurs.
could you post a screenshot?
Pierre.
hako

Post by hako »

Thank you very much! I found the window setting. My main problem is solved.
The other problem with version 0.90 I'll try to reproduce later, I need to install it.
Btw., is an appimg planned for 0.90?