Integration with GIMP On Linux Mint

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

free2love

Integration with GIMP On Linux Mint

Post by free2love »

I am a newbie trying to set up a new installation of Linux Mint 19. I have installed Gimp and XnView and they work great individually. I can drag images from XnView into an open Gimp window but that's not ideal. I would like to be able to open images from XnView into Gimp as default. When I go to Configure programs and follow the path 'usr/share/applications/' I get a list of files that I am not familiar with and looks nothing like when I visit the same location via the OS file system. When I open that location via XnView there is a 'Gimp.desktop' file but that does nothing. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both programs with a reboot in between just to see if that would make a difference but it did not. I have this working properly on my Windows 10 machine so I know it should work, I'm just hoping I am missing something along the way.

Thanks,
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Integration with GIMP On Linux Mint

Post by xnview »

you need to choose the gimp executable
Pierre.
Eyael_

Re: Integration with GIMP On Linux Mint

Post by Eyael_ »

xnview wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:40 pm you need to choose the gimp executable
My problem is I just can't find the GIMP executable on Linux Mint 19.2. I have GIMP 2.10, the path for GIMP 2.8 worked fine but no longer with GIMP 2.10 and I can't find it. Linux menu has a shortcut to call the command GIMP but XnViewMP needs to find the file, you can't copy that command.