Categories - new image paths

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

viewfan

Categories - new image paths

Post by viewfan »

I have a new OS on new hrd drive, installed new XnView. On my old system I had assigned Categories and now I have tried to reassign the images, make them visible again under the categories.
I have copied the .config/xnviewmp folder from the old system to the new one. Categories are listet again but no images visible as there still have the old path.

I've added the new folder paths in the catalogue, Katalog (I am using the german version) but it din't help.
I wanted to replace the paths in the XnView.db file in .config folder but all editors have an decoding problem…
How to to reassign images or maybe better said to replace the image paths in order to see pictures again in categories?
Thanks for help.
viewfan

Re: Categories - new image paths

Post by viewfan »

I found a solution my self. Thank God I had made a Dateliste in Erstellen menu (perhaps filelist in create menu).
In this list I had replaced the corresponding path parts and opened this list in XnView via file menu. Press Ctrg+A and assigned them with right mouse click to the corresponding category.
So I recommend if one needs to change the OS create a file list of categories before :)