Import & sort

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

riggerofriv

Import & sort

Post by riggerofriv »

Moderator's note: This topic was split off from “Feature request: more flexible import destinations”.

Hello,

I have the very same problem. I tried to add yyyy/yyyy-MM-dd manually to xnview.ini at subFolder=yyyy,.... in the [ImportSort] section. But anytime I open the "Import and sort" dialog the setting isn't in the dropdown and after closing the dialog it is also gone in the xnview.ini.

Is there any chance to implement this feature as a setting in the program or in the ini file?

EDIT: I'm just seeing I put this answer/question in XnView Classic Section, sorry. I came to this thread via search engine. I use XnViewMP.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Import & sort

Post by xnview »

you can't add it in xnview.ini, i'll add it for next release
Pierre.
riggerofriv

Re: Import & sort

Post by riggerofriv »

Thank you so much. It works now.
Henry-In-Florida

Re: Import & sort [Video Files]

Post by Henry-In-Florida »

riggerofriv wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:13 am Moderator's note: This topic was split off from “Feature request: more flexible import destinations”.

Hello,

I have the very same problem. I tried to add yyyy/yyyy-MM-dd manually to xnview.ini at subFolder=yyyy,.... in the [ImportSort] section. But anytime I open the "Import and sort" dialog the setting isn't in the dropdown and after closing the dialog it is also gone in the xnview.ini.

Is there any chance to implement this feature as a setting in the program or in the ini file?

EDIT: I'm just seeing I put this answer/question in XnView Classic Section, sorry. I came to this thread via search engine. I use XnViewMP.
Don't think that's your fault. There should be information in each version specific to that version. Bad enough not to have docs, but to have to figure out what applies to which version, REALLY??
  1. Please review the discussion here as it applies to XnViewMP and only to that. Specifically for Mac as that seems different in several ways and you have separate forums anyway.
  2. Also as to video file import. I can't get it to sort Video files into the same folder as image or into a sub-folder of the main folder "Video_{capture date [YYYY-MM-DD)]}."
  3. I take it your intention is to name the subfolder "Video". Then, name the video files (.MOV) with the same format? It doesn't work for me. Dropdown not picking capture dates of Video meta data. Subfolder Name but no date option similar. And may I say, it is in-flexible to force it to do so.
  4. Hence, there should be choice to keep formats together or force the separation of video/movies in a operate folder. The lack of flexibility is not a good feature, however well-intentioned the option may be.
Henry
- -
Henry-In-Florida

Computer Equipment: MacBook Pro 2017 Touch Bar, 8GB RAM, Mojave (10.14.2), 250GB Internal SSD; on a Desktop with Dual Dell External Displays
External Storage: SSD RAID 1.5TB, 500GB SSD (via T3)
XnViewMP 0.93