[Solved] Image resize/Canvas resize: Missing presets

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

deus-ex

[Solved] Image resize/Canvas resize: Missing presets

Post by deus-ex »

The Image resize (Shift+S) and Canvas resize (Shift+C) dialogs of v0.93 do not offer any presets to chose from, as opposed to v0.92 and earlier versions.

Last edited by deus-ex on Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Image resize/Canvas resize: Missing presets

Post by xnview »

do you have used .zip or .exe package? DO you have the ResizePreset.xt file in XnView folder?
Pierre.
deus-ex

Post by deus-ex »

Actually I checked both the ZIP file and the installer. First I used the installer, extracting its content with innounp.exe in order to manually update my existing installation of XnViewMP, overwriting old files with new files from the installer. During that process I noticed that there are a few files missing in the installer, so I went to download the ZIP archive and extracted its content and made a comparison of the ZIP archive and installer contents. I reported the results here: viewtopic.php?f=82&t=38465#p154334

For further verification of the missing presets issue I deleted my local xnview.ini (I choose the strategy to save XnVieMP's settings to an ini file located in the XnViewMP installation folder) and restarted XnViewMP, but also with a fresh xnview.ini the presets do not show up.

Has there something changed with v0.93 regarding the storage of the preset settings? I can try to do a reinstall of XnViewMP using the installer (without manual interference) to see whether this fixes the issue.

EDIT: corrected the description of my update process.
Last edited by deus-ex on Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

deus-ex wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:38 am Has there something changed with v0.93 regarding the storage of the preset settings? I can try to do a reinstall of XnViewMP using the installer (without manual interference) to see whether this fixes the issue.

Do you have any suggestions how I should proceed or what to try?
It seems that this file is missing from package, i've updated them. Please download it again?
Pierre.
deus-ex

Post by deus-ex »

Hello Pierre,

ah, so it initially was missing from the distribution, therefor I could not notice it of course. I just had re-downloaded both the ZIP archive and the installer a couple minutes ago. Copying the file ResizePresets.txt into my XnVieMP installation folder fixes the issue, now the presets are available.

Thank you.