Rename on Import with New Folder

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

eritzfoto

Rename on Import with New Folder

Post by eritzfoto »

Thank you for investigating my (new user) question.
I came to find XnView while struggling with an "EASY" Import process of my images from SD Card to Host HDD.
SCENARIO:
* SD (from camera) is loaded into computer and navigate to Images folder. Files are in RAW (NEF) and JPG << example every shot from camera records both a _DSC#####.NEF and a _DSC#####.JPG file >>
* Create HDD:\[SESSION_NAME]

I want to RENAME the files on import via the following process:

* Select images (both the NEF and the associated JPG) from SD and have it COPY to New Folder HDD:\[SESSION_NAME]\{NEW_FOLDER} where {NEW_FOLDER} has custom Name
* Rename NEF & JPG to have same file name on import
<<Example: I select _DSC0051.NEF and _DSC0051.JPG, _DSC0052.NEF and _DSC0052.JPG, _DSC0053,NEF and _DSC0053.JPG. from the SD
I then COPY-WITH-RENAME to HDD:\TEST_SESSION\FIRSTTAKE and each file is renamed as
TEST_SESSION_0001(_DSC0051).NEF, TEST_SESSION_0001(_DSC0051).JPG, TEST_SESSION_0002(_DSC0052).NEF, TEST_SESSION_0002(_DSC0052).JPG, TEST_SESSION_0003(_DSC0053).NEF, TEST_SESSION_0003(_DSC0053).JPG>>

Is there an "easy way to do this or is only method to IMPORT to already created "NEW_FOLDER" and then rename the NEF and JPG individually as bulk?

Thank you for your assistance.