Lost the amazing default all-dark grey theme and can't get it back

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

WastedLook

Lost the amazing default all-dark grey theme and can't get it back

Post by WastedLook »

Hi there,

I am a brand new Linux Mint user and photographer.

I successfully loaded the software and was in the process of customising everything to my liking when I made the mistake of clicking on View>Theme and suddenly lost the beautiful all-dark grey, flat theme - which was how It came when I set it up.

However, clicking on "default" theme is not that, and the preset themes look slightly unfinished and a bit ugly IMO.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it just reverts back

Any tips on how to get the very flattest, 75%-ish grey look, for pretty much the whole window, would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
cday
XnThusiast

Re: New User: Lost the amazing default all-dark grey theme and can't get it back

Post by cday »

WastedLook wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:48 am I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it just reverts back
For a clean installation, you might need to delete the .ini file before reinstalling, the location can be found in Tools > Settings > Integration -- Paths tab.

You might first try deleting the .ini and restarting, to see if that recreates the initial theme.
WastedLook

Re: New User: Lost the amazing default all-dark grey theme and can't get it back

Post by WastedLook »

Incredible, it worked.

Thank you for the quick answer!

No need to re-install even - much appreciated.