Sorting by EXIF: Date Taken isn't working [Solved]

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

blizeH

Sorting by EXIF: Date Taken isn't working [Solved]

Post by blizeH »

Hello, I'm trying to put all of my photos (34,000 objects, maybe that's the problem) into date order but it's just going by something random and I can't figure out why.

I'm trying to sort by EXIF: Date Taken and they're seemingly in a somewhat random order - some photos seem to be correctly sorted but others are completely missing and way further down than they should be.

I've set the thumbnails to show the EXIF: Date Taken field and it stats off showing all photos without that being populated, then jumps right to 2018, before going to some photos in 2015, 2011, 2013 and so on.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong please? I've tried going both clicking the sort by icon (up and down arrows) then EXIF Date Taken and also clicking the EXIF Date Taken header.

xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Sorting by EXIF: Date Taken isn't working

Post by xnview »

could you send me 3/4 files where sorting is bad?
Pierre.
blizeH

Post by blizeH »

Hey, sure! Where should I send them to please? :) I'm probably doing something stupid :D
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

blizeH wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:25 am Hey, sure! Where should I send them to please? :) I'm probably doing something stupid :D
you can send them to contact at xnview dot com
Pierre.
blizeH

Post by blizeH »

Hey, just wanted to apologise for not sending the email - I've been experimenting and if I sort by 'Created date' instead it seems to be correct, thanks so much for offering to help via email but I think it's sorted :D