Preview image size for Affinity Designer files

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

razorpig

Preview image size for Affinity Designer files

Post by razorpig »

Hi,

All my Affinity Designer preview images are quite small, they don't adapt to the full height or width of the preview pane (see attached). Does anyone know if there's a way to maximize the size of these preview images?

Many thanks
Attachments
preview.PNG
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Preview image size for Affinity Designer files

Post by xnview »

Only the embedded thumbnail is extract not the full image
Pierre.
Rick

Post by Rick »

razorpig wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:22 pm All my Affinity Designer preview images are quite small, they don't adapt to the full height or width of the preview pane (see attached). Does anyone know if there's a way to maximize the size of these preview images?
I'm not sure of what I am seeing; how many thumbnails does your graphic represent? My designer (and Photo) thumbnails are fine and are a reasonable size in the preview
--
Rick
razorpig

Post by razorpig »

@Rick Thanks for the reply Rick. Yeah sorry that probably wasn't the best image to use as an example. That's just one image of a website design being previewed, but as you can see it doesn't expand to fill the full height of the preview pane, which ideally is what I'd like.

@xnview So if I can change the thumbnail size and rebuild them, this might resolve the issue? I have looked in to this but I'm confused by the different options and how they relate to each other. There seems to be two settings relating to the thumbnail size, one under the 'Catalog' side heading (size_1.png) and one under the 'Thumbnail' side heading (size_2.png). I'm not sure how these relate to each other or which one I should be using.
Attachments
size_2.PNG
size_2.PNG (3.8 KiB) Viewed 504 times
size_1.PNG
size_1.PNG (6.49 KiB) Viewed 504 times
Rick

Post by Rick »

Worth a try. You might see what you have in Windows Explorer with large icons. If it is ok there then rebuild them in XnView. If not then a bad icon is there and resaving the Designer file might resolve it
--
Rick