Update .97 to .98.3: Favorites not expandable anymore

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

jonha4711

Update .97 to .98.3: Favorites not expandable anymore

Post by jonha4711 »

I have just updated to .98.3 and am very unhappy that the directories in my Favorites (which used to be expandable by clicking on the small triangle left of the name) are now dumb single target shortcuts. That is a large step in the wrong direction IMHO.

I have skimmed the options and found no obvious remedy... what gives?
jonha4711

Re: Update .97 to .98.3: Favorites not expandable anymore

Post by jonha4711 »

THX Rick, that does the trick. :D

Why on earth this option is not by default set to true (so as to emulate the "old" behaviour) instead of false... who knows? :?

One reason (not the most important) why I stopped using Firefox many (pale) moons ago was that with every new version I had to spend a varying amount of time to get the bl*sted thing back to my liking... changing bits all over the place seems to be a favourite pastime of some devs. :twisted:
Rick

Post by Rick »

I would think that expanding favorites would be the default. Perhaps Pierre will add it to the GUI at some point
--
Rick
jonha4711

Post by jonha4711 »

Agreed.

And what's more before this new option was added expanding folders WAS the only way... so while I'm all for adding new options to make an app more flexible I would expect that the default for any NEW option to mimic the OLD behaviour. After all, when I install a new version, I do not want to go hunting for some obscure new feature... I simply WANT TO USE the app!

But this idea that people actually WORK with something and do not want to fiddle with obscure changes in its usage seems somewhat alien to some devs :D