Using Xnview MP to go to next PDF File

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

simplyrahul

Using Xnview MP to go to next PDF File

Post by simplyrahul »

Hi,

On my previous laptop when I opened PDF and clicked on the next button in view mode, it will take me to the next pdf, which was really great.

I had to shift to another laptop now and when clicking on the next button it takes me to the next jpg image and only shows jpg image.

How can I get the feature where I can see all pdf files by clicking the next button or the back button.

I have tried lots of forum pages and have been searching for nearly an hour but couldn't find anything and tried lots of changes in setting but nothing worked.

Thanks.

Rahul
cday
XnThusiast

Re: Using Xnview MP to go to next PDF File

Post by cday »

Are you able to open PDF files?

If not, you will need to install Ghostscript if it isn't already installed, note that due to recent changes in Ghostscript the version needed depends on the version of XnView MP installed, the latest 0.98.3 should work with the latest version.

If you are able to view PDFs, then stepping between only PDF files is a configuration issue and I don't have an answer to that.
simplyrahul

Post by simplyrahul »

Yes I am able to open the PDF and even zoom in. But next button is a problem. Any chance you can check if it works on your machine?
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

simplyrahul wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:36 pm Yes I am able to open the PDF and even zoom in. But next button is a problem. Any chance you can check if it works on your machine?
I have never observed the behaviour you describe, where in a folder containing different file types 'next' and 'previous' step directly between PDF files...

So a configuration option of which I'm not aware, or something specific about the file formats in your folders??

Edit:

In the browser there is an option View > Sort by > Type which could be the answer?
simplyrahul

Post by simplyrahul »

Hi,

I couldn't find anything like View -> Sort

Please see this image:

cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

simplyrahul wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 10:54 am I couldn't find anything like View -> Sort
In the browser, not the viewer: the icon at the left end of the toolbar...
simplyrahul

Post by simplyrahul »

cday wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:45 pm
simplyrahul wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:36 pm Yes I am able to open the PDF and even zoom in. But next button is a problem. Any chance you can check if it works on your machine?
I have never observed the behaviour you describe, where in a folder containing different file types 'next' and 'previous' step directly between PDF files...

So a configuration option of which I'm not aware, or something specific about the file formats in your folders??

Edit:

In the browser there is an option View > Sort by > Type which could be the answer?
Also, so it is possible right? When in view mode I click next button it should show me the next pdf file, but instead it shows me the next jpeg file, when I click on back button it shows me other image, but doesn't go back to the pdf file.
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

Did you see my previous post just before your new post?
simplyrahul

Post by simplyrahul »

No. It seems we posted at the same time.

I tried to open a normal pdf from internet and it didn't open and it gave the error for Ghostscript. Although the pdf that I had scanned from my mobile and uploaded were opening. I tried installing ghostscript but it seems the latest version is having some issue with detecting the setting.

I installed xnview classic and ghostscript 32 bit and now it is working great. I suppose till the latest version fixes the ghostscript issue I won't be able to use xnview mp. As per last post on this thread viewtopic.php?t=40907. I suppose the next version will fix the issue.
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

simplyrahul wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 12:38 pm I tried to open a normal pdf from internet and it didn't open and it gave the error for Ghostscript. Although the pdf that I had scanned from my mobile and uploaded were opening. I tried installing ghostscript but it seems the latest version is having some issue with detecting the setting.
Probably an unrelated issue if other PDFs still open.

The latest XnView MP version 0.98.3 released last week, according to the change list works with Ghostscript 9.54... :D

If you are using XnView MP 64-bit version, you can install GS 9.54 64-bit without risking losing PDF viewing in XnView Classic.