XNView MP and Mac OS 11.3.1 Crashing

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

grcolts

Re: XNView MP and Mac OS 11.3.1 Crashing

Post by grcolts »

No, folders do not show long enough before I get the bouncing ball. Everything looks and acts like the program is going to work as the screen shows the folders for a split second before the bouncing ball sets in. I then have to force quit the program.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

grcolts wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:58 pm No, folders do not show long enough before I get the bouncing ball. Everything looks and acts like the program is going to work as the screen shows the folders for a split second before the bouncing ball sets in. I then have to force quit the program.
try to drag&drop an image file from a folder (where you have only this file)?
Pierre.
grcolts

Post by grcolts »

xnview wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:46 am
grcolts wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:58 pm No, folders do not show long enough before I get the bouncing ball. Everything looks and acts like the program is going to work as the screen shows the folders for a split second before the bouncing ball sets in. I then have to force quit the program.
try to drag&drop an image file from a folder (where you have only this file)?
Ok, I had a chance to drag and drop an image located on my desktop to the XnviwMP icon and it did open up the program; from there I was able to use the program just fine. Still, though once I quit the program, the same thing happens if I try to open XnfileMP just from its icon.
GR
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

grcolts wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:48 am Ok, I had a chance to drag and drop an image located on my desktop to the XnviwMP icon and it did open up the program; from there I was able to use the program just fine. Still, though once I quit the program, the same thing happens if I try to open XnfileMP just from its icon.
Perhaps you have a file in the opened folder that crash XnView MP? Try to open a file from another folder, and use the browser?
Pierre.
grcolts

Post by grcolts »

That did the trick. Thanks for your help. Before I go though is there a way to make a duplicate of a single image in Xnview MP?
Thank you.
GQR
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

grcolts wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:23 pm That did the trick. Before I go is there a way to make a duplicate of a single image in Xnview MP?
In the browser, you can use copy and paste (in the Edit menu or using Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V) but may then wish to change the default file name.

Or you can always open the image in the viewer, and then save it with your desired filename.