Hot folders not working in XnView MP 0.98.4 Batch convert

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Rick

Hot folders not working in XnView MP 0.98.4 Batch convert

Post by Rick »

I searched here and looked in the WIKI first but I cannot get hot folders to work. I have 2 batch renaming profiles that I would like to assign hot folders. Working on the first one, the pictures in the folder never load nor do any that I drop into the folder
When I create the second profile, the hot folder from the first is in the list
i may not be doing sopmething correctly
Help anyone?
Thanks in advance
--
Rick
cday
XnThusiast

Re: Hot folders not workin in XnView MP 0.98.4

Post by cday »

Rick wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:05 pm I have 2 batch renaming profiles that I would like to assign hot folders.
Looking at 0.98.2 I don't see a 'renaming' action, so the the renaming you require will be done by the Output tab settings?

And the 'profiles' you wish to save have been created using the option on the Actions tab at bottom left to save xbs scripts?

I have done a very basic test using 0.98.2 Batch Convert and the result was as expected: I created a folder and designated it as a Hot folder, set no actions, and configured the output tab to save the source file renamed with the suffix _result in a different folder.

After setting that up, it was a little disconcerting that the Convert button was greyed out and couldn't be selected, but when I copied a file into the nominated hot folder the expected output file was produced.

When using the hot folder option avoid outputting the output files to the designated hot folder, as it will result in an infinitive loop! :wink:

I haven't tested reloading a saved script, but perhaps you can repeat the above steps with 0.98.4 to see if they work for you.
Rick

Re: Hot folders not working in XnView MP 0.98.4 Batch convert

Post by Rick »

@cday
Thanks, I have it working now :D
008.gif
008.gif (38.41 KiB) Viewed 458 times
--
Rick