How to loop gifs in slideshow, with timer?

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

oofty

How to loop gifs in slideshow, with timer?

Post by oofty »

I might be missing a checkbox in the settings somewhere, but how do I loop gifs with the timer in slideshow? Gifs play through their frames once, then stop until the next file is played. Instead of continually playing until the timer runs into the next file in the slideshow. They work fine and loop with the keyboard or mouse click setting.

Example: https://streamable.com/5a4a1m

Thanks for any help!
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: How to loop gifs in slideshow, with timer?

Post by xnview »

currently no way
Pierre.
oofty

Re: How to loop gifs in slideshow, with timer?

Post by oofty »

xnview wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:18 amcurrently no way
Hey! You added the functionality! I have no idea when you did or which update it was in but, thank you Pierre! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I use your software on my tv to play from a huge folder of cutesy/uplifting/motivational/pretty images/desktop artwork and gifs to keep me in a healthier frame of mind. I leave it on almost all day.

This is imo the best image software available so really, thank you for your work. I'll be sticking with xnview mp for years. When I'm not a broke bitch I will definitely support the project soon.

I'd like to put a small wishlist for features I would love to see implemented, but regardless I'm happy and satisfied with this feature anyways!

-Smoother video loops, currently short clips are cutting to black when looping.
-Video file support for slideshow.
-Video file thumbnail previews (I may have overlooked this setting)
-A way to add a modifier to some of the files in the slideshow pool to replay it 1-9 times in the pool. I guess I could just add multiples of that file but then I couldn't use shuffle.
-A way to make sure certain video files start muted in slideshow? I guess I could tear the audio from the ones I don't want to hear.

Anyways I don't want to seem ungrateful fuck that wishlist. Thank you for all your hard work Pierre!