R-Click displays unexpected context menu [Solved - Mouse problem]

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

cday
XnThusiast

Re: R-Click displays unexpected context menu

Post by cday »

XnTriq wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:00 pm Please follow these steps:
  1. Go to ToolsSettings…InterfaceMouse and make sure that Right button is set to Move picture.
  2. Activate Show scrollbars in ToolsSettings…ViewView.
  3. Open an image and zoom in until the scrollbars show up.
  4. Click on the image with the right mouse button and hold down the button.
Does the mouse cursor change from pointer to hand?
The mouse cursor changes from the pointer to the context menu!

But I did once see the hand briefly??

-->The hand appears very briefly when zoomed in then the context menu appears, could it possibly actually be an earlier version of the Shell Extension that starts after a momentary delay??
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

cday wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:06 pmThe mouse cursor changes from the pointer to the context menu!

But I did once see the hand briefly??
And you were keeping the right mouse button pressed?
cday wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:06 pmThe hand appears very briefly when zoomed in then the context menu appears, could it possibly actually be an earlier version of the Shell Extension that starts after a momentary delay??
As explained in one of my previous posts, the menu seen in your screenshot is not the shell extension but MP's context menu for view mode.
Tools like ShellExView and Autoruns can tell you whether or not XnView's shell extension is installed on a system.

Could you please manually edit your INI file…

Code: Select all

[Viewer]
fit=1
defaultFit=1
defaultFullscreenFit=-1
hideScrollbar=false
zoomFixed=10
… and repeat your tests?
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

On a hunch I have tried something and found the problem:

When I started using my Windows 7 computer after a long break, I soon remembered that the mouse I had used before often output two clicks instead of one, which had been a pain, frequent sudden changes to full screen, for example.

So I changed to a different mouse, and later found the new issue I had never seen before. Seeing a context menu I had never seen before, I thought of the XnView Classic Full (or 'Extended') version I might have installed before I stopped using the computer...

Changing to third mouse has solved the problem! :D

What exactly caused the unwanted effect remains unclear but is not really important, I suppose these things happen sometimes, thanks for the help guys. :D
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

cday wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:47 pm[…] the mouse I had used before often output two clicks instead of one, which had been a pain, frequent sudden changes to full screen, for example.
Case closed :-)