Directory Previews

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Bedai

Directory Previews

Post by Bedai »

Hello and sorry if this covered already by other posts but i didnt found an answer to it.

Im on Windows 10 64bit using the actual XnView MP Version.

Im using thumbnail previews for folders. this is working fine for folder thats contain images but it is not working for folders containing videos only.
if i open the folder i do have this 4 images thumbnail for each video but i dont have thumbnail previews for the folder itself.
is this currently a normal behavor thats folder thumbnails only working for folders thats contain images and not for video only folders?

one other question:
is there a plan to add a function for folder previews for subfolders ?
like:
Mainfolder->FolderA
Mainfolder->FolderB
Mainfolder->FolderC

The thumbnail-preview of "Mainfolder" is containing a mix of FolderA,FolderB,FolderC for example?

thank you
Rick

Re: Directory Previews

Post by Rick »

Go to VIEW / SHOW FILES IN SUBFOLDERS and see if that is what you are looking for
--
Rick
Bedai

Re: Directory Previews

Post by Bedai »

Rick wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:21 pm Go to VIEW / SHOW FILES IN SUBFOLDERS and see if that is what you are looking for
thanks for your reply but thats not what i meant. i know about the function where you can list all files inside subfolders.
from my above example i just dont want the mainfolder icon to be blank.

my first question is more important to me. is it possible to have thumbnail previews (for the folder icon) for folders thats contain videos only or is this currently only possible for folders thats contain images?