Borderless color photo printing

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

VirtulTomas79

Borderless color photo printing

Post by VirtulTomas79 »

Hello, I have decided to register here because of the difficulties that accompany me.

I originally used the classic version, which worked well, but the MP version has a very illogical printing process for me.

I will try to explain the problem.

If I want to print a color photo, it is usually the sound that I click on Print, I select the printer where I would see the print and paper parameters. Then a preview is created that corresponds to the printer parameters. Subsequently, I will adjust any printing properties with other parameters that the program itself allows me to do.

In the Classic version, this process works. However, in the MP version, this process is not possible and is chaotic.

If I want to print, two buttons will appear. Print and Page Properties. Since I don't know which setting takes precedence, I've already printed many photos incorrectly. Either it was just a part, or a paper error, or the layout didn't fit. It is quite chaotic for me to understand how to prepare printing for different paper formats in the MP version.

In the printer settings I have saved profiles for different types of paper, for printing borderless photos, but the MP version still shows me the margins, regardless of the settings. Sometimes he gets wise and some magic works, but it's a mistake an attempt.

I have loved this program for many years, but this is the reason in the MP version why I look for an alternative.

What do you think about that, please?

Thank you
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Borderless color photo printing

Post by xnview »

VirtulTomas79 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:22 am If I want to print, two buttons will appear. Print and Page Properties. Since I don't know which setting takes precedence, I've already printed many photos incorrectly. Either it was just a part, or a paper error, or the layout didn't fit. It is quite chaotic for me to understand how to prepare printing for different paper formats in the MP version.
you need to use 'Page properties' and 'Print'
In the printer settings I have saved profiles for different types of paper, for printing borderless photos, but the MP version still shows me the margins, regardless of the settings. Sometimes he gets wise and some magic works, but it's a mistake an attempt.
it's a known issue
Pierre.
VirtulTomas79

Re: Borderless color photo printing

Post by VirtulTomas79 »

ok, thank you