Multiple images in fullscreen

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

pacificus

Multiple images in fullscreen

Post by pacificus »

I've just moved to Mac from Windows. I started using XnView MP after using FastStone with Windows. XnView MP does all I want other than one thing: I need to compare images, and zoom-in and out on them to check for quality, et cetera, while several images at a time are enlarged to fill the screen - together. I could do this with FastStone (three at a time in fullscreen) but I cannot workout a way to do it with XnView MP - it's either one image enlarged at a time, or lots of small thumbnails.

Is there a way to achieve this, please?
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Multiple images in fullscreen

Post by xnview »

could you post a screen of what you would like?
Pierre.
pacificus

Post by pacificus »

This image is from a search rather than one I created (as my Windows computer is not fully connected, currently). Basically, from the thumbnails, instead of clicking to enlarge just one image, up to four are selected for comparison to be enlarged together, and they can be individually zoomed in and out, and moved within their respective quarters. This function is very important for me when selecting the sharpest, best image from a shoot.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

you have Tools>Compare
Pierre.
pacificus

Post by pacificus »

That's excellent. Many thanks! You have created a program that is far superior to all others I have tried for Mac, including programs that are far from free. I'm very grateful.
lphilpot

Post by lphilpot »

I'm running 0.98.4 on Linux and there's no Compare option on the Tools menu, nor anywhere else that I can find. Am I just missing it? I was wanting the same thing just today (and am also a FastStone user on Windows).

Thanks.
Len Philpot
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

lphilpot wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:45 am I'm running 0.98.4 on Linux and there's no Compare option on the Tools menu, nor anywhere else that I can find. Am I just missing it? I was wanting the same thing just today (and am also a FastStone user on Windows).
Tools>Compare in browser mode
Pierre.
lphilpot

Post by lphilpot »

Wow... how did I miss that? :shock: I must've been tired last night, because I looked several times... thanks!
Len Philpot