Histogram in full screen view

*** Please report new bugs here! ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

boulund

Histogram in full screen view

Post by boulund »

Hi,

Thanks for such a great software tool! It is very customizable, a feature I appreciate a lot! :)

I'm wondering if it's possible to show the histogram of a photo while in full screen mode. I use dual monitors, and I like showing the full screen preview on one screen when scrolling through a folder to cull photos, with the file properties and histogram on my other screen. In my pre-XnView workflow I did this process in Lightroom (and it was soo slow!). XnView seems well suited for this purpose, with its very quick previews of my RAW files (Olympus ORF) and its capability of using dual monitors. However, I can't seem to get it to show the histogram when an image is displayed in full screen. If I have the Info window showing the histogram in the main window and flipping through the images I get the histogram just fine, but when I open a photo in full screen the info window just goes blank and the histogram disappears (docked or free floating, doesn't matter).

As another detail, I'd love to be able to see both the file properties and the histogram at the same time, but I can't as they are both located in the same "Info" window. Is it possible to show them both at the same time somehow? If their tabs can't be broken out of the Info window, maybe it is possible to have two Info windows open at the same time, showing different tabs?
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Histogram in full screen view

Post by xnview »

boulund wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:06 am If I have the Info window showing the histogram in the main window and flipping through the images I get the histogram just fine, but when I open a photo in full screen the info window just goes blank and the histogram disappears (docked or free floating, doesn't matter).
right it's a bug!
As another detail, I'd love to be able to see both the file properties and the histogram at the same time, but I can't as they are both located in the same "Info" window. Is it possible to show them both at the same time somehow? If their tabs can't be broken out of the Info window, maybe it is possible to have two Info windows open at the same time, showing different tabs?
Currently properties & histogram are only in tabs, but it will be better to have Properties/histogram/Exiftool/GPS as tabs
Pierre.