0.98 crop issue

Older bugs which are supposed to be fixed in 0.84. *** Please try to reproduce your bug and confirm the bug fix. ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

simon

0.98 crop issue

Post by simon »

In the previous version, this worked fine, but in the new one, any crop predefined in pixels or in mm (including those by defaults) results in a portrait crop, i.e. width and height are swapped if width>height. This does not occur for crops predefined in terms of ratio.
(winMP0.98 on windonw10pro)
Thanks
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: 0.98 crop issue

Post by xnview »

:bugconfirmed: Thanks to your detailed description I can reproduce the problem.
Pierre.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

This problem is supposed to be fixed in XnView MP 0.98.1. Please check and confirm the bug fix here.
Pierre.
LazyOne

Post by LazyOne »

This problem is supposed to be fixed in XnView MP 0.98.1. Please check and confirm the bug fix here.
Sadly it is still here:
XnView MP Windows
Version 0.98.1 64bits (Jan 20 2021)

I mean: it works if pic is in landscape mode (width > height) .. but on portrait pics (height > width) it still does not work (it used to work in 0.97 or so).

I have to use custom 9:16 entry to have it working in a desired way (to select a portion of the large portrait (tall) image, crop and save so it can be used as a desktop background.

The image on the screenshot is small, it is used to just illustrate the issue. But you should see its' dimensions in the status bar area.

That aforementioned custom entry that works in such case:

Obviously, on landscape pics it works other way around.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

it's not the original bug issue (pixels or mm)
Pierre.
LazyOne

Post by LazyOne »

it's not the original bug issue (pixels or mm)
Right, you are correct on pixels: seems to work fine if I use preset in pixels (e.g. 1920x1080 or similar).

I must have been confused with this (viewtopic.php?f=62&t=41403&p=167383&hilit=crop#p167383) .. where 2 issues were described (pixels and ratio) and you said "ok, known issue" and linked this thread.