macOS minor interface issues and missing thumbnails

Older bugs which are supposed to be fixed in 0.84. *** Please try to reproduce your bug and confirm the bug fix. ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

mgo

macOS minor interface issues and missing thumbnails

Post by mgo »

Hello everyone. I was quite a fan of XNV for Windows. After switching to a new Mac I downloaded the latest version, but found some interface glitches with the default theme:

1) In the pane with thumbnails, there is always a column missing. If I choose 4 columns, I'll see only 3
2) This is minor, but I can not unsee it: the active, blue tab buttons are vertically offset and a tiny bit of them appears between the adjacent two buttons.
Screenshot 2021-02-01 at 20.04.34.png
Screenshot 2021-02-01 at 20.04.34.png (44.05 KiB) Viewed 1217 times
I found that the fusion theme has none of the glitches, and also looks nicer to me, so no big problem here.

However, I don't see thumbnails for MP4 files, as well as some MOV files. Could this be a codec thing? Do I need to install some additional components? Or is there a way to force thumbnail regeneration?
Screenshot 2021-02-01 at 20.15.02.png
Cheers.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: macOS minor interface issues and missing thumbnails

Post by xnview »

mgo wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:16 pm 1) In the pane with thumbnails, there is always a column missing. If I choose 4 columns, I'll see only 3
There is only 3 tabs not 4, 'Info' is a separate pane
However, I don't see thumbnails for MP4 files, as well as some MOV files. Could this be a codec thing? Do I need to install some additional components? Or is there a way to force thumbnail regeneration?
Settings>Filelist>Custom filter - Video - Show as Thumbnail?
Pierre.
mgo

Post by mgo »

Thanks, Pierre.
Video Thumbnails solved, I wasn"t aware of that setting :D

What I meant by "columns" is the amount of thumbnail columns. Dragging the slider on top sets the amount of columns. With the default theme, there are one less columns compared to what is set. Notice the black space to the right, this is where the last column should be.
XNView MP Missing Column.gif
XNView MP Missing Column.gif (52.99 KiB) Viewed 1183 times
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

:bugconfirmed: Thanks to your detailed description I can reproduce the problem.
Pierre.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

This problem is supposed to be fixed in XnView MP 0.98.2. Please check and confirm the bug fix here.
Pierre.