Metadata, Transfer

Older bugs which are supposed to be fixed in 0.84. *** Please try to reproduce your bug and confirm the bug fix. ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

michel038
XnThusiast

Metadata, Transfer

Post by michel038 »

Some useful metadata are missing in this tool but it's not critical :

Target metadata :
- exif:xpkeywords
( only for old-fashioned users, who had added their keywords with windows Vista and don't want to use iptc keywords )

- exif:date taken, exif:date digitized , exif:date modified
(these three fields can be updated with "change timestamp" but here we can do many metadata transfers at the same time, a kind of batch )

- IPTC:City, IPTC:State/province, and maybe other fields that are present in "Edit iptc, source tab"
These two iptc fields are the ones I need. For now, I'm using ExifTool through "open with" feature

Source metadata :
- some XMP fields ( workaround : use an iptc field, and edit the name of the field )

thanks
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Metadata, Transfer

Post by xnview »

michel038 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:43 pm - exif:date taken, exif:date digitized , exif:date modified
(these three fields can be updated with "change timestamp" but here we can do many metadata transfers at the same time, a kind of batch )
Ok
- IPTC:City, IPTC:State/province, and maybe other fields that are present in "Edit iptc, source tab"
These two iptc fields are the ones I need. For now, I'm using ExifTool through "open with" feature
Ok, issue
Source metadata :
- some XMP fields ( workaround : use an iptc field, and edit the name of the field )
Which ones?
Pierre.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Metadata, Transfer

Post by xnview »

This problem is supposed to be fixed in XnView MP 0.98.2. Please check and confirm the bug fix here.
Pierre.