Quick Search in Categories

Older bugs which are supposed to be fixed in 0.84. *** Please try to reproduce your bug and confirm the bug fix. ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

roadcone

Re: Quick Search in Categories

Post by roadcone »

Hello Pierre

Attached four files. All four are tagged 'night'. Each one is tagged with a different location: Hidcote, Cardiff, Birmingham, Liverpool. All four locations also have images not tagged night (effectively the daytime shots - I tag night shots but don't tag daytime shots).

If I Quick Search 'night' all four are found in the results. If I search by one of the four placenames in turn, each one is contained within the respective results set. If I search using night+placename then nothing is found.

However, the OR works - so london|birmingham finds both places, both day and night shots.
Attachments
D7K_5262.jpg
_6104283.jpg
_6102256.jpg
_6100116.jpg
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Ok, i understand, it works for 'Night+Birmingham' and not for 'Night+Cardiff' because Cardiff is Places>Cardiff & Night>Cardiff, i fix it
:bugconfirmed: Thanks to your detailed description I can reproduce the problem.
Pierre.
roadcone

Post by roadcone »

I see what I have done. I have checked the four images:

Birmingham is tagged Birmingham, Night (but not Night>Birmingham)
Cardiff is tagged Cardiff, Night (but not Night>Cardiff)

Liverpool is tagged Liverpool, Night, Night>Liverpool
Hidcote is tagged Hidcote, Night, Night>Hidcote

I do not know why I did this. In any case, none of the Quick Searches using + work.
Attachments
Capture4.JPG
Capture4.JPG (19.09 KiB) Viewed 1205 times
Capture3.JPG
Capture3.JPG (18.12 KiB) Viewed 1205 times
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (19.58 KiB) Viewed 1205 times
Capture1.JPG
Capture1.JPG (17.23 KiB) Viewed 1205 times
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

roadcone wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 3:07 pm I do not know why I did this. In any case, none of the Quick Searches using + work.
it works with 'Night+Birmingham' not 'night+birmingham' (same with 'Night+Hidcote')
Pierre.
roadcone

Post by roadcone »

Hello,

Yes it does! Thank you. I have tidied up some tags and things seem much better. Odd that 'night' or 'birmingham' finds images but when they are combined, the lower-case version fails whereas the version with capital initials succeeds. No matter, so long as one knows, then one can type in the necessary search.

Tidy.

Thank you.

Clive
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

roadcone wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:17 pm Yes it does! Thank you. I have tidied up some tags and things seem much better. Odd that 'night' or 'birmingham' finds images but when they are combined, the lower-case version fails whereas the version with capital initials succeeds. No matter, so long as one knows, then one can type in the necessary search.
I'll modify for a no case search
Pierre.
roadcone

Post by roadcone »

Pierre,

Your responsiveness and speed are exemplary. It is a shame that those computer companies that make a business out of selling software seem unable to follow your example. I have having great difficulties with a RAW image processing software company at present - they are so poor that they cannot even Capture One of my problems and resolve it, perferring to refer it to their Development, which is the kiss of death for all problem queries.

Thank you.

Clive
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

This problem is supposed to be fixed in XnView MP 0.98.4. Please check and confirm the bug fix here.
Pierre.