Resize action should remember previous preset

Older bugs which are supposed to be fixed in 0.84. *** Please try to reproduce your bug and confirm the bug fix. ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

TomBar3

Resize action should remember previous preset

Post by TomBar3 »

Hello,

When viewing an image, and trying an action like Resize (shift-S) it would be handy to have the latest selected preset be choosen as default.
Maybe the option to keep the latest preset selected or not could become a global option :-)

So in the screenshot: I'm referring to the Presets combobox.

Kind regards,
BR
Attachments
Bug2.png
cday
XnThusiast

Re: Resize action should remember previous preset

Post by cday »

+1

Very tedious to have to repeatedly reset the last used settings... :(

Already requested?
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

:bugconfirmed: Thanks to your detailed description I can reproduce the problem.
Pierre.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

This problem is supposed to be fixed in XnView MP 0.99.0. Please check and confirm the bug fix here.
Pierre.
GeorgD

Post by GeorgD »

@Pierre: The option sounds very useful but at least for me, the implementation in v0.99.7 is clearly less useful than previous default behavior, so I now activated "Load 'Default values'". Example: I am scanning letters. For 1st image, I crop to content, press SHIFT+S, set resample=true + mode=size(pixels) + width=1024 (height becomes automatically set to 1525) + keepRatio=true, OK, save, close file. In next image, I crop to content, press SHIFT+S, width is set to 282x208 – by far too small (text is absolutely unreadable) and neither any of the values is what I did use last time, nor the width/heigth relation. I would expect width=1024 is used all the time, because this is was what I did manually enter, and heigth is computed accordingly due to keepRatio=true. Similar issues happen with digi cam photos, screenshots etc.
I did try to understand better by reading documentation, but https://www.xnview.com/wiki/index.php?title=Resize (for classic XnView) was the only search result for search term "resize".
In the XnView Wiki, you can improve the user guide / documentation / F1-help for XnView (classic/Windows) and for XnViewMP
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

@GeorgD @Pierre: My support above was in error, my intended request was to support remembering the Mode % / Pixels setting and related settings, and not the Preset setting.

Remembering the Preset setting seems to have resulted in unintended consequences and caused confusion, for me the previous behaviour, whatever it was, was fine. If there is sufficient support for remembering the Preset setting, maybe it could be an option that could be enabled.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

GeorgD wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:39 am @Pierre: The option sounds very useful but at least for me, the implementation in v0.99.7 is clearly less useful than previous default behavior, so I now activated "Load 'Default values'". Example: I am scanning letters. For 1st image, I crop to content, press SHIFT+S, set resample=true + mode=size(pixels) + width=1024 (height becomes automatically set to 1525) + keepRatio=true, OK, save, close file. In next image, I crop to content, press SHIFT+S, width is set to 282x208 – by far too small (text is absolutely unreadable) and neither any of the values is what I did use last time, nor the width/heigth relation. I would expect width=1024 is used all the time, because this is was what I did manually enter, and heigth is computed accordingly due to keepRatio=true. Similar issues happen with digi cam photos, screenshots etc.
I did try to understand better by reading documentation, but https://www.xnview.com/wiki/index.php?title=Resize (for classic XnView) was the only search result for search term "resize".
I don't understand, could you post some screenshots? by using 'Load Default values', the size of image is used when opening dialog
Pierre.