Previous Versions of XnView (archives)

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

SeaMaiden

Previous Versions of XnView (archives)

Post by SeaMaiden »

Where can I download previous versions of XnView? The XnView home page only has the current version, 1.74.

XNVIEW VERSION VARIETIES
I'd like XnView in all its varieties (minimal, standard English, standard multilanguage, complete multilanguage, etc.). I'd like all Windows versions earlier than that as well, both .zip and .exe. Help files and plugins are very important too.

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
It would be nice to know the system requirements for each version. The readme.txt file, which comes with each release, has that information. I'd really like to see what XnView 1.0 was like. What operating systems did it work on? My boyfriend has XnView 1.25 and 1.45, but we don't know whether compact, standard or full.

ARCHIVE LIBRARY COLLECTION
Is there an archive library for XnView anywhere on the Internet? If Pierre does not have space or bandwidth on his site for these, maybe he can arrange with www.oldversion.com or another site to house them all.

I'd like to have my own XnView collection. XnView is my primary graphics program. Almost everything coming from the scanner goes into it. I'd be lost without it. I have referred people to XnView on many online forums and newsgroups. :)

EDIT - June 7, 2005:
If the version you have is exclusively French or German, or if it is for an operating system other than Windows, then I cannot use it. Perhaps those will be sought later. For now, it must be English or multilanguage and work on Windows.

Complete multilanguage is always best (includes NConvert, most plugins, and sometimes the help file); but if you have standard English, standard multilanguage, minimal, or just the help file, please let me know. Help files are very important, and they must be in English. That's my only language.
- What was the first version to have a help file? 1.25a has a menu option for Help, but 1.21 does not. Despite not having the menu option, 1.21 has a help file. Do versions before that have help files?

XnView
1.05 - English help?
1.07 - English help?
1.12 - English help?
1.14 - English help?
1.15 - English help?
1.18.1 - English help?
1.19 - English help?
1.25a - English help needed
1.30 - English help & plugins needed
1.31 - English help needed
1.37 - English help needed
1.45 - English help & plugins needed
1.46 - English help & plugins needed
1.50 - English help & plugins needed
1.60 - English help & plugins needed
1.61 - English help needed
1.70 - English help needed
1.80 RC1
1.80 RC2
1.80 RC4
1.80 RC5

Skins and Icons for XnView (or XnView Deluxe) are also wanted, if anyone has developed new ones or customized old ones.
- What was the first skinnable version? Toolbar 4 works on 1.30, which has a folder called skin. You can paste other skins into that folder. Skins cannot be added to 1.25a and older, because they do not have folders for skins. In later versions, the skin folder was renamed skins.

Plugins for XnView (or XnView Deluxe) are greatly desired. Many versions listed above do not have any plugins or have just a few. If you know of photoshop (8bf) plugins, freeware or shareware, that will work on XnView, tell me where to get more information about them online and where to download the free ones. All plugins shown below are freeware unless otherwise specified. These are compatible with 1.70.4 and higher.
- What was the first version to have plugins? (plugins/Plugins/PlugIns folder) Unknown. 1.19 did not have a plugins folder, but it had a few plugins. Perhaps 1.0 had a few plugins also. 1.21 and later have a separate folder for plugins.
- What was the first version to support 8bf plugins? (8bf folder) 1.70.
- What was the first version to support third-party external plugins? (PlugInsEx folder) 1.70.4.

8bf
Harry's Filters (The Plugin Site)
opticVerve Labs (OpticVerve's virtualPhotographer)

PlugIns
Default plugins (XnView 1.70.4 and 1.74)
CAD (Soft Gold) $hareware

PlugInsEx
Xasc.dll 1.0.0.1
Xhtml.dll 1.0.0.2
Xswf.dll 1.0.0.1

Another folder created during installation
XnShellEx.exe 1.2
SageThumbs.exe 1.0.0.12

Please help me complete my collection.
Last edited by SeaMaiden on Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:04 pm, edited 25 times in total.
Windows 11 (64-bit), Android 12, XnViewMP 1.5.0, XnResize 1.10, XnShell 4.16
** XnView ROCKS **
ckit
XnThusiast

Post by ckit »

Hmmm, that OldVersion.com is amazing!
WinAMP 2.95 is illegal according to AOL, which is why I now use foobar2000 :)

So much junk\bugs to look at... hehehehehehe

I'm starting to create small collections like 2-3 versions of proggies on DVD+\-RW's, you never know when an author will turn against you and you need to fall back on something.
AMD Ryzen 3 3300X 3.8Ghz, 16Gb DDR4, RX6600XT with Dell U2520D at 2560x1440@60Hz
Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2, PowerToys and Wintoys
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Previous Versions of XnView (archives)

Post by xnview »

DreamWriter wrote:Where can I download previous versions of XnView? The XnView home page only has the current version, 1.74.

I'd like XnView 1.70.4 in all its varieties (compact, standard English, standard multilanguage, complete multilanguage, etc.). I'd like all versions earlier than that as well. It would be nice to know system requirements for each version. I'd really like to see what XnView 1.0 was like. What operating systems did it work on? My boyfriend has XnView 1.25 and 1.45, but we don't know whether compact, standard or full, and we don't know system requirements.

Is there is an archive library for XnView anywhere on the Internet? If Pierre does not have space or bandwidth on his site for these, maybe he can arrange with www.oldversion.com or another site to house them all.
Currently i have no space to put all versions of XnView, i contact oldversion.com
Pierre.
helmut

Post by helmut »

SeaMaiden wrote:Where can I download previous versions of XnView? The XnView home page only has the current version, 1.74. ...
Collecting old versions of XnView? Hmm, you seem to be a really XnView addicted. But don't worry, you're not alone ;-)

The oldest version that I found on my box is a 1.14 dated 6.5.2000. I can send it to you if you want. I don't know when the compact / standard / minimal version were introduced, it might have been around the 1.19. It's actually surprising to see what XnView could do already at that time. Luckily, XnView is not like red wine (the older the better).

I guess that Pierre has even older versions and could provide more details and infos. But he's very busy at the moment.
SeaMaiden

Post by SeaMaiden »

Thanks, Helmut, I'd like that version. Email it to me when you get a chance (zip, rar, 7z).
** XnView ROCKS **
helmut

Post by helmut »

SeaMaiden wrote:Thanks, Helmut, I'd like that version. Email it to me when you get a chance (zip, rar, 7z).
I'll send you a link to version 1.14.
Irving

Post by Irving »

I have 1.31, which still has the best image resize dialog. :wink:
terryo

Post by terryo »

Hi,
if you are interested by a version 1.05 or 1.07, contact me by MP :wink:
SeaMaiden

Post by SeaMaiden »

Irving, if you register, then I can send you a PM (private message) with my email address. It is not safe to post my email address here.
** XnView ROCKS **
SeaMaiden

Post by SeaMaiden »

Irving:

Congratulations on registering. Please log in and check your private messages. Thanks, Helmut, for helping him.
** XnView ROCKS **
Irving

Post by Irving »

Nothing yet, Helmut. If you're talking about internal messaging, I read SeaMaidens' just now. If you mean my e-mail address, as for OE or T-bird, etc, it's been working okay with everyone else. :? As more IP's set up spam firewalls I wonder if things get lost here and there more than we realize....
Irving

Post by Irving »

My ISP set up a spam firewall last year, and the first thing I did was set my account up so that everything would get through, no matter what. I trust my own instincts instead of some fool automated thing. I even checked my settings the other day and nothing has changed. But from what I can see here it's still not enough.

I have a problem with a friend in Virginia. I can't send anything direct from here without getting an "error 500". But Hotmail or Yahoo gets through every time. Go figure.

Thaniks for trying, Helmut. As long as I'm in I guess there's no problem.

Post by Guest »

xnview wrote: Currently i have no space to put all versions of XnView, i contact oldversion.com
Pierre,

now you've got your own dedicated server with +++ of GBs available ,-))

regards,
Soeren
helmut

Post by helmut »

Sören wrote:now you've got your own dedicated server with +++ of GBs available ,-))
Right Sören. And you're the one who has setup this excellent server. ;-)

Some of the space is already used: Some old versions are place in the subfolder "old_versions" on the XnView Download Server.
helmut

Post by helmut »

Enthusiastic and nostalgic people will find old versions on http://download.xnview.com in subfolder old_versions. Pierre has uploaded a 1.05, so we are pretty close to the 1.0, now. :-)

I've just tried the 1.05 myself (256KB ZIP archive). That one is really basic and it's hard to believe that XnView 1.80 stems from that one.