Recurse subdirectories

Discussions on NConvert - the command line tool for image conversion and manipulation

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

helmut

Recurse subdirectories

Post by helmut »

Is there a command line option in Nconvert that allows recursing subdirectories?
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Recurse subdirectories

Post by xnview »

helmut wrote:Is there a command line option in Nconvert that allows recursing subdirectories?
No, but good idea :o
helmut

Post by helmut »

I'm surprised that no one has asked for an option that allows recursing subdirs, before. In combination with wildcards, this would be very useful, I think. Other opinions?
helmut

Post by helmut »

helmut wrote:Is there a command line option in Nconvert that allows recursing subdirectories?
Is this possible with the current NConvert version? I still don't know how to do this.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

helmut wrote:
Is this possible with the current NConvert version? I still don't know how to do this.
Sorry not.
So you want to be able to do that:
nconvert -R -out bmp *.jpg to convert all jpg files in this folder and all subfolders?
Pierre.
ingo

Post by ingo »

In a batch file under Windows XP I use

Code: Select all

for /R %%I in (*.*) do c:\programme\xnview\nconvert -npcd 2 -q 70 -size 256x256+0 -opthuff -rmeta -ctype grey -corder inter -out jpeg -o "J:\bild\%%~nI.jpg" -ratio -rtype lanczos -resize 800 800 "%%I" 
to convert all files including subdirectories
helmut

Post by helmut »

ingo wrote:In a batch file under Windows XP I use

for /R %%I in (*.*) do c:\programme\xnview\nconvert -npcd 2 -q 70 -size 256x256+0 -opthuff -rmeta -ctype grey -corder inter -out jpeg -o "J:\bild\%%~nI.jpg" -ratio -rtype lanczos -resize 800 800 "%%I"

to convert all files including subdirectories
Thank you for the batch sample. This is what I've been looking for. :-)
helmut

Post by helmut »

xnview wrote:So you want to be able to do that:
nconvert -R -out bmp *.jpg to convert all jpg files in this folder and all subfolders?
There's Ingo's batch sample, now, which might do what I want (still have to check).

I think that a recurse subdirectry option in NConvert might be useful and powerful. But I'm not using NConvert a lot and this is just a guess.
tom*de

Post by tom*de »

Hello, I will praise nconvert, first. Also version 6.00, thanks for this tool.
The script helps me a lot, but all files from all dirs will be converted into the same target dir. I would like to have the same directory-structure at the destination directory. Any idea?
Thanks Tom