0.48 : crashes if subfolders contain GIF/PSPbrush only

*** Please report new bugs here! ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

Eyael

0.48 : crashes if subfolders contain GIF/PSPbrush only

Post by Eyael »

Hi Pierre,

I have sent you emails regarding this bug yesterday. I just hope you received them and I'm only posting here in hope someone else has encountered the same problem because I find it very strange.

Let me explain using an example. I have a folder named Animations which contain a certain number of subfolders with various names and no image on the root folder, only subfolders. All subfolders contain animated GIF's. In my option I have unchecked Make thumbs for whole folder and I have selected only one thumb for folders. Now when I open the Animations folder in Xnview explorer it crashes. If I access to the content of the subfolders via categories (click on animated GIF and open containing folder, no problem, the thumbs are displayed okay, it's only for folder thumbs). If I disable folders in thumbs sections (Xnview filter options) it doesn't crash. Prior to putting this option back (folders in thumbs), I have converted the first image of each subfolder (keeping the original alongside) to JPEG and renamed it with a first character that would put them top of the list and Xnview doesn't crash anymore and displays the JPG thumbnail for each subfolder. I did not have this problem with previous version. I also encountered it with PSPbrush files but not with PSPimage nor with PSPtub or PSPframe. I have sent you Windows error report (generated in temp file) hope it's of some help. Anyone encountering similar problem would be kind to report here, please.

Best Regards,
Eyael
Windows XP Professional SP3 32 bit
harumscarum

Re: 0.48 : crashes if subfolders contain GIF/PSPbrush only

Post by harumscarum »

is Filter enabled?
Eyael

Post by Eyael »

Sorry, I forgot to mention, the answer is "yes". If I untick Folders in the thumb view, it's okay whether I put a JPG image in it or not but I mentioned that in my email to Pierre.
harumscarum

Post by harumscarum »

set Filter to All and if no more crashes please confirm this bug here - http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=25498
Eyael

Post by Eyael »

Already tried, and it doesn't crash if my GIF/PSPbrush folder contain a folder.jpg in it. It does whether the filter is on or not if they only contain GIF/PSPbrush. So I guess my problem is different to yours.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Sorry but not received your email?
Pierre.
Eyael

Post by Eyael »

Obviously you eventually found it because I've just received yours quoting my email :wink: